You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. The Anime Topic (includes video games & manga)

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
1 week ago#411
is it weird if i were to get the AOT game and make a character i wouldn't stray away from the standard look brown jacket and white pants dark boots

but when i see a boruto's dad character creator i LOATHE the nin vest?

lenmutt
1 week ago#412
lenmutt posted...
only 2 rounds left.... hey I just realized it's 1 round longer than normal boxing haha unlimited.

funny i brought this up before i watched the last two episodes

Overall it's a fine boxing show very good underdog/Cinderella story

I find an interesting theming of the show down sampling the visuals in a world of polished clean HD anime in order to give it a hard 90s feel but even the show itself as i said would feel very much at home on old school Adult Swim among the shows i listed above

Though I personally wish the show had stuck to it's "gimmick" but i understand why id didn't and i am very much aware this show is a tribute/homage to As***a no Joe an anime i am very much aware of but have not read or watched

I feel alil spoiled by clips of Hajime no Ippo as Megalobox despite it's dystopian sci-fi setting isn't as over the top as you would think

music is fantastic as i said and there is alil surprise in some of the last episodes main "theme" is very cool

I also think this is an anime i could add this to my list of "anime for people who don't like anime"

It's a show that very much wants to tell THIS story. It doesn't feel like a product to sell toys or products. Hell this show is sorta like the Rocky movies the fights are built up by everything around them the writing and the characters

I do feel the ending was only okay.

solid 6 or 7 outta 10 i think a few tweaks and it could have easily been among my TOP TIER ANIME.

Good show.

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
1 week ago#413
https://streamable.com/fzbwp

@lenmutt
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

lenmutt
1 week ago#414
so much pastels

lenmutt
6 days ago#415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHGQ7ck4Yo

lenmutt
6 days ago#416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCgLMYvIorc
@SpunkySix
@PlasmaCannon
@PrettyTonyTiger
(edited 6 days ago)

PlasmaCannon
6 days ago#417
Video was doing ok until the slam on Rem and the overuse of "waifu".
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

lenmutt
6 days ago#418
PlasmaCannon posted...
Video was doing ok until the slam on Rem and the overuse of "waifu".

don't eve watch that show and eflt that ooooh when he snubbed Rem

PlasmaCannon
6 days ago#419
@lenmutt posted...
don't eve watch that show and eflt that ooooh when he snubbed Rem

Yeah the video was trying to be an informative one but tosses in unfunny humor designed only to anger people like that on top of hurting the point he was trying to make about demon girls. I'm sorry but channels that do this just don't work and it's no wonder they get labeled as "clickbait".

As for monster girls themselves. Shows like Miss Kobayashis Dragon Maid are great and do a good job mixing in dragon lore but many of those others shows I probably wouldn't bother with. Also there needs to be more fairies. Yes they are covering more and more monsters and mythical creatures but I have yet to see any in the modern era involving fairies. The last fairy in anime I can think of from shows I've seen was Lindy from the Nanoha series which was well over a decade ago.
(edited 6 days ago)

lenmutt
6 days ago#420
PlasmaCannon posted...

Yeah the video was trying to be an informative one but tosses in unfunny humor designed only to anger people like that on top of hurting the point he was trying to make about demon girls. I'm sorry but channels that do this just don't work and it's no wonder they get labeled as "clickbait".

oh yeah jeff makes good videos but i don't like them 100% much more fond of SuperEyepatchWolf the only anime YTer that I like enough to subscribe to

PlasmaCannon posted...

As for monster girls themselves. Shows like Miss Kobayashis Dragon Maid are great and do a good job mixing in dragon lore but many of those others shows I probably wouldn't bother with. Also there needs to be more fairies. Yes they are covering more and more monsters and mythical creatures but I have yet to see any in the modern era involving fairies. The last fairy in anime I can think of from shows I've seen was Lindy from the Nanoha series which was well over a decade ago.

Maybe because fairy in anime are more vague? MB had good point about Musume's effect on the industry so more crazier non-humanoids have been happening hell loved Jashin chan so much and if she just had been a more typical demon gal i would have been less intrigued.

Though I can see where ya coming from a tad as i really enjoy Snow Women who sorta take a backseat to more fantastical monster gals

what is your mental image of "fairy" btw?
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. The Anime Topic (includes video games & manga)