You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. A CYOA of Crossing Fate: Blazing Cross- Topic 1

User Info: Chandler014

Chandler014
1 month ago#1
(Welcome to a new CYOA by yours truly! This is something I've been working on for some time (since the last trial of "A Warflame Danganronpa CYOA," to be precise). I've been wanting to get back into an RPG-CYOA for awhile now, so I hope this goes over well. I've put a lot of thought into how this CYOA's gimmick may work, so hopefully it turns out. With that let's begin, shall we?)
------
You awaken to find yourself in an empty room. You begin to question why you're in the empty room. You don't know where the empty room is. You don't know why the room is empty to begin with. You don't even know where you were before being in the empty room. As you ponder these questions (among many other things), a voice echoes in the room.
*Music: Poem for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3/4/5) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU5ierrGKww)*
???: Welcome. Before we can let this story truly begin, I would like to ask you a few questions.
>How about no
???: AHEM. I said, I would like to ask you a few questions.
You reluctantly listen to the voice.
???: First things first. What tale shall be told in this adventure?

A. A tale of science and darkness
B. A tale of legends and shadows
C. A tale of hope and despair
D. A tale of fate and possibilities

(Option D is where the main protagonist would be a customizable OC, whereas the other three options would give you specific possibilities for the main protagonist(s). Naturally, this would have more choices and randomness to it, so if that's your thing then be my guest. The other three options are good options to take though too so that's up to you, voters. Heck, some of these options might sound a bit familiar....)
"Game companies always ruin their beloved franchises." ~Knuckles the Echidna

User Info: Moocow123450

Moocow123450
1 month ago#2
B
"Moocow change ur sig smh. I can't believe that was five YEARS AGO. Jesus."
-Zorro 2018

User Info: MarbyIsBack

MarbyIsBack
1 month ago#3
HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR HOPE DESPAIR

I vote for C
The bagel made me do it.
"I want a cute Japanese gf and I don't want to be a virgin anymore" ~Great_Reapette 2018

User Info: Great_Reapette

Great_Reapette
1 month ago#4
random.org demands B
"A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.""
https://i.imgur.com/PeaHB6E.jpg

Chandler014
1 month ago#5
???: Very well. Our tale begins in the world of Pokemon. This world is filled with creatures called Pokemon, and the humans who live in harmony and work together with them, called Pokemon Trainers. Most of these trainers have Pokemon battle other trainers to become stronger. Some however, use these Pokemon for malicious intent.
???: This takes us to the War-Zeta Region, a region consisting of two large islands. The region has been swept in a large-scale conflict. A trainer named Chandler and his Team Miror started an initiative in the region. This initiative was to research and legalize a lethal and sinister form of Pokemon called Shadow Pokemon as an official type, and dispose of Mega Evolutions, a form that certain Pokemon can take to become stronger, at the cost of becoming more dangerous. Team Legends, a team led by two admins named Trinity and Astral, was formed to stop Team Miror and rid the world of Shadow Pokemon once and for all.
???: Three young trainers would become caught in this conflict- A trainer named Apollo sided with Team Legends, while another trainer name Belthazor sided with Team Miror. The third trainer, Athena, sided with neither team. With the conflict still going, the fate of the region and perhaps even the Pokemon World remains unknown....
???: You will take the role of one of these trainers as they all try to set things right in the region, while also facing a new, coming threat- a threat worse than Shadow Pokemon and Mega Evolution....
???: So, who shall you play as?

A. Take control of Apollo, the criminal Legends Admin
B. Take control of Athena, the neutral, head-strong rival
C. Take control of Belthazor, the cunning Miror Admin
D. Take control of Chandler, the leader of Team Miror
E. Take control of Astral and Trinity, the leaders of Team Legends
F. Other (new trainer, another unnamed Miror or Legends admin/scientist/grunt, etc.)
G. On second thought.... (Go back to previous selection and can pick A, C, or D)

(For anyone who doesn't know about what this is, this is referring to a CYOA I did some time ago after The Meta Experiments, called "Pokemon: Warflame Masters." This CYOA was created by me, Marby, and Chill/Throwback/Phazon and was, well, a Pokemon-styled CYOA utilizing Pokemon Showdown. Everything you need to know about it is in the dialogue in this post- this is merely referencing the CYOA and using its setting as a base to expand on with this "new threat." Some "Other" choices involve Marby (Miror), Throwback (Miror), Moocow (Miror), Reapette (Miror), Gubbey (Miror), and Chelsea (Legends) if you'd rather take control of one of them, or you can create a completely new trainer or grunt.)

User Info: Grey_Locus

Grey_Locus
1 month ago#6
B.
It looks a lot like even though they are outbreeding us, we are outmeme-ing them, and that gives us a decisive advantage.

User Info: Moocow123450

Moocow123450
1 month ago#7
B
"Moocow change ur sig smh. I can't believe that was five YEARS AGO. Jesus."
-Zorro 2018
(edited 1 month ago)

Chandler014
1 month ago#8
???: Very well. Let's let the story begin, then.... Dive into the world of Pokemon!
As the voice stopped, the room became dimmer and dimmer, until finally....

There was only darkness.
-------
You are a trainer named Athena. Your goal is to become the Pokemon Champion. You just got your Pokemon healed up at a Pokemon Center in a city called "Emblem City" and was watching the news.

News Reporter: .... And on today's news, Team Legends launched an attack on a Miror hideout on the faraway Blizzard Island. According to reports, Team Legends' newest admin, a young trainer named Apollo, led the attack and defeated the leader of Team Miror. Team Legends has since began preparations to make this hideout a new island base as they search for Team Miror's headquarters. Next up is a special about the hot new attacks from Alola called Z-Moves, and a news report from the Kanto region-

Just hearing about the Blizzard Island raid made your skin crawl. Those idiotic friends of yours, Apollo and Belthazor, decided to get in on the conflict between the two useless teams. Now the two are in criminal organizations and at each other's throats.
Athena: There has to be some way to knock some sense into them.... Argh, but how? Those two idiots are going to be impossible to track down without those teams with them....
You decide that you should probably prepare to leave the Pokemon Center and head out of town, rather than thinking too much about the situation. Inside the Pokemon Center is a Nurse, an Ace Trainer, and an old man. What do you do?

A. Talk to Nurse Joy
B. Talk to the Ace Trainer
C. Talk to the Old Man
D. Punch something or someone
E. Leave the Pokemon Center
F. Other
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Grey_Locus

Grey_Locus
1 month ago#9
B and C.
It looks a lot like even though they are outbreeding us, we are outmeme-ing them, and that gives us a decisive advantage.

Chandler014
1 month ago#10
You talked to the Ace Trainer.
Ace Trainer: Aw man, I was betting on Team Miror winning this fight! I wonder if I can get that 25000P back....

You talked to the Old Man.
Old Man: Hey lassy, did ya see the news article about Mega Evolution? Apparently Team Miror has proven that Mega Evolution negatively affects the mentality of Pokemon.... Ah, back in my day we didn't have these fancy-mancy forms that increase a Pokemon's aggressiveness or these super powerful attacks.... Back in my day-
You left the old man be as he rambled on about the old days. What now?

A. Talk to Nurse Joy
B. Punch something or someone
C. Leave the Pokemon Center
D. Other
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. A CYOA of Crossing Fate: Blazing Cross- Topic 1