You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New Story by Willingmess: Dealing with being a Fox Monster

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
1 month ago#41
betters.

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
1 month ago#42
I shall continue now that the pervasive threat of failure is gone
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
1 month ago#43
I jump down quickly from the branch to the ground. I wince a bit at the impact, but it didn’t hurt nearly as badly as I thought it would.

Huh, I guess there are some advantages to this new body.

Shaking off the sleepiness, I look around at my surroundings for monsters.

I gotta start slow. Let’s look for something that I can kill... Huh, but first, let’s find a weapon.

Hopping around a bit, I finally stumble across a branch that seems about the right size.

Now, let’s see if my suspicions were correct.

Reaching around, I pick up the stick with my tail, wrapping it around the branch snugly. I try to swing the branch around a bit, but I tip over as I try to wave it.

Oof, this is tough. It looks like I’ll have to brace myself better if I wanna swing something like this.

Pushing with my tail, I manage to right myself.

All right, let’s try that again.

I swing once again. My momentum yet again pulls me in a direction, but now prepared, I shift my weight in the opposite direction, and manage to land a strike on the ground! A satisfying thud echoes through my body.

Yes!
Why so bananas about it?

lenmutt
4 weeks ago#44
bump will read

willingmess
4 weeks ago#45
lenmutt posted...
bump will read

Thanks lenmutt, you’re the best. ^_^
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
4 weeks ago#46
(Gonna change styles and see if that works better.)

Time to get hunting!

“Huh. Never thought I’d be excited by the prospect of hunting. My dad used to teasingly try to get me to go with him on his trips. I just sort of dismissed the idea out of hand. Why would I want to spend my time out in the dirty elements trying to kill animals?”

I look around at the forest around me and sigh, realizing the irony of the situation.

“Wait, is that the correct use of irony? I mean it is knowledge that I didn’t know was relevant in the-ugh, that’s beside the point. I’m sorry dad I really wish I’d gone with you at least once. That sort of stuff could have been really useful right about now. He did talk about it a lot at least. Maybe some of what he said sunk in!?”

I rapidly scour my memory trying to remember something, anything, about hunting.

Dad: Once I did that, you see I got low to the ground slowly approaching the beast making as little noise as possible to avoid...

“What did he do before that!? Ugh... well, at least that was a little helpful. It seems a bit obvious, but help is help I suppose.”

I try to crouch down.

“Oh wait. I’m already about as low as I can get. That’s a plus for this form I suppose. Being quiet may be a bit of a challenge now though.”

Hesitantly, I try to hop forward with as little force as I can muster. I manage to skid forward a few inches, but it produced a grating noise.

“Well that would probably be noticeable to anything I tried to hunt.”

Just then, my stomach made a loud rumbling noise.

“Oh man, I’m really hungry. When was the las time I ate? It seems as though I don’t really have the time to try again, I’ll just have to put things together on the fly!”

With that I hop over to the brush and begin searching for a suitable victim.

“It’s gotta be smaller than me. I don’t know if I can really kill anything bigger than me.”

Lurching around, I make my way through the brush, peering out to see if anything is around.

“Oh heck, will I have to eat it raw? I really wish I had access to fire or something. Doesn’t really matter though if I don’t find anything.”

I search for what seems like hours, but no dice. The forest is eerily sparse. That’s when I saw it! A cute little hemisphere of fluff, maybe half my size, with two little mouse ears and a tail! It’s back is to me, and I don’t think it knows I’m here.

“Finally! I’m starving!”

“But... can I really bring myself to kill it? Am I ready to take a life like that? Can I murder such a cute animal? Wait no.”

I shake my head and steel my resolve.

“I’ve got to do this, or I will starve. You hear that! I’m gonna do it...”

I slowly approach, breathing agonized, trying to be as quiet as possible.

“You’ve got this. It’s just like eating meat any other time. It just has an extra step now...”

I finally make my way directly behind the little thing. I stare at it a moment and slowly bring up my branch, preparing to strike the mouse.

“Come on...”

That’s when the mouse turned around to face me.

It stared up at me, it’s innocent little black eyes shining in the light.

“Agggh! No! It’s cute, but you can do this! You just have to swing-“

In a sudden motion, the mouse leapt forward and embraced me, nuzzling my face.

My tail lowers to the ground behind me in defeat. Tears flood my eyes as I start crying!

“I can’t do it! I just can’t kill such a cute and nice thing!”

====To Be Continued====>

@lenmutt
@SpunkySix
Why so bananas about it?

lenmutt
3 weeks ago#47
willingmess posted...
post #43

better