You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New Story by Willingmess: Dealing with being a Fox Monster

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#31
willingmess posted...

That was meant to be a sound effect.

But yeah, I agree, it was definitely lazy on my part. I should have done better.

I understand, remember expanding your vocabulary can really help with sound effects and descriptions. Just something to consider for future writing ^_^

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
2 months ago#32
lenmutt posted...
willingmess posted...

That was meant to be a sound effect.

But yeah, I agree, it was definitely lazy on my part. I should have done better.

I understand, remember expanding your vocabulary can really help with sound effects and descriptions. Just something to consider for future writing ^_^

I know, thank you for this! I’ll continue working on this! ^_^
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
2 months ago#33
Bump.

I’ll continue tomorrow!
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
2 months ago#34
willingmess posted...
Bump.

I’ll continue tomorrow!

And other lies we tell ourselves apparently. >_>
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
2 months ago#35
A girl wanders through a river. At the edge a snake greets her and offers its skin. The girl takes it and wears it, but in order to get in she must shed her own skin. The snake slithers into her lost skin and plants seeds. 7 glass reeds grow. A blue fire is ignited, the luminescent glow casting the world in a parlor. They melt. Hands appear and begin to drag the molten liquid. The glass sears their skin, forming a patchwork of transparency and decay. Each hand eats the other, growing in size until one remains. The hand melts and reforms into a door, gloss and flesh creating a pungent view. Abomination, lay not within this sight. The door opens. A cavalcade of hands pours through. The snake, dressed as the girl begins to eat them. The skin flaps unnaturally against its figure but the bishop remains oblivious. Five golden cubes rise from the earth to block the door. The hands overwhelm the cubes and the dross of intersticed substances begins to reform into an unholy union of flesh metal and glass. Blood and necrosis form at the edges were living and dead flesh reside. The peeled skin forms into a perfect emulsion, but the ingress against the individual beneath consorts with atrocity. The land disappears. Arrayed is a stellar wonder of heavenly bodies not least of which is two proximate planets. They spin in a binary system of harmony, but the decay of corruption consumes them. The planets, once equal partners, begin to fight over the space they share to dance. Narrow threats and close passes erupt as the erratic movement overtakes them. The moons, seeing the change, come between the raging entities. In a fit of callous rage, the moons are sent flying to the far reaches of space by their former masters. The serpent, it’s unquenchable hunger unmet and tail fully within its mouth, appeared above the surface of the far planet. Large spheres of light fly at it from the surface of the planets, but bounce from its ironclad scales. The space between the planets melts, and they are now atop each other. The planets creak audibly, as particles begin to fly from the surface of each. The power of this scale is unimaginable, as the planets start crumbling away. A dark sphere forms between the two planets, size rising as the planetary dust begins forming to it, swirling between the planets. A rainbow array of light begins twinkling above the planets as their surface is destroyed. The central sphere continues to accrue a surface of dirt and water, cannibalizing the two planets that were once friends, until finally, it was the only one that remained. Far larger than the other two, it had a surprisingly calm surface. Slowly the lights blink out from their empty shell, and greenery begins to appear on the new planet. “All is complete as ever will be complete as will ever be completed.” A large bell begins ringing in the distance. Light. light begins to grow, overwhelming me!

Aaaaaaaggghhh!

I open my eyes to see a sunrise on the horizon.

Wait. Wait... that was just a dream. Everything’s going to be alright.

I look down at my spherical body.

Well at least as all right as things can be right now. But still...

I shiver from the memory of the dream.

That was just way too weird. I really hope I don’t have more like that. Either way, I promised myself I would try to learn how this stuff works today. I suppose now is as good a time as any to get to it!
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
2 months ago#36
@lenmutt
@SpunkySix

New esoteric part!
Why so bananas about it?

lenmutt
2 months ago#37
okay! :D

willingmess
1 month ago#38
May be docking this one too in favor of a new project I’m working on. It would be a shame, but I don’t think I’m able to write 1st person present tense very well.
Why so bananas about it?

lenmutt
1 month ago#39
oops forgot to read my bads

bump as a reminder

willingmess
1 month ago#40
I mean it this time me! Once I take my test I need to continue this!
Why so bananas about it?
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New Story by Willingmess: Dealing with being a Fox Monster