You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New Story by Willingmess: Dealing with being a Fox Monster

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#21
like transported to rpg version of cubivore ^_^

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
2 months ago#22
lenmutt posted...

Yeah! That’s actually a really cool way of putting it.
Why so bananas about it?

lenmutt
2 months ago#23
willingmess posted...
lenmutt posted...

Did you ever own that? :o

willingmess
2 months ago#24
lenmutt posted...
willingmess posted...
lenmutt posted...

Did you ever own that? :o

Nah, but I’ve seen it played before and it’s really weird and cool
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
2 months ago#25
Well I can't help but feel that that was a little bit less than helpful...

*sigh*

I wander over to the edge of the stream and smack it with my tail.

Dangit! I'm stuck as this monster, no abilities, no knowledge, and the only help they give me is just some useless menu filled with gibberish!? I can't do this! Do you just want to leave me to die Mr. voice? Can't you tell me what this means!?

*yip*

Hot tears stream down from my face. I smack the winding creek over and over again with my tail, frustrated by my new lot in life.

*Grrrrrrrr*

What was that?!

I quickly turn away from my pointless splashing to see a large wolf approaching from the edge of the meadow. Above its head floated a menu similar to mine, but colored red, and with a large open eye symbol in the corner. I don't think the red means it's friendly.

Teen Wolf LVL 2 <O>

Uh, hiya wolfy. You, uh, wouldn't happen to want to snuggle... Would you?

The wolf's posture and loud growling seem to say no.

I was afraid of that!

Before the wolf has a chance to do anything I quickly start hopping away!

Just have to get to the edge of the glade!

I stumble a little bit, unused to my new method of travel, but quickly right myself. This is not the time to be making mistakes!

Almost halfway there!

Agh! I can feel the wolf's breath on my back! Hop! Hop with everything you can!

I manage to pull away a little bit, but I'm getting tired now! I'm panting with every breath, and my sides are split from all the jumping. I can't go on much longer. This is the most I've ever exercised in a day before! I try to turn and see how far I'd managed to get away when a sharp pain spikes through my body!

*Chomp*

The wolf bit down into my soft tail!

Yoooouch!

I try to pull my tail away, but the wolf has a tight hold on it and won't give it up!

Ah shoot! It's stuck! ...I'M stuck!

I desperately try to hop away, but I just manage to thrash around a little bit!

Come on! Come on! Come on!

I feel a sudden jolt as the wolf lifts its head and starts shaking me around!

I can't handle this. I'm just going to die now...

I shut my eyes, resigned to my fate.

I just wish I hadn't thrown my life away so stupidly. I'm sorry for complaining, I just want to survive at this point!

At that very second, I feel a sharp pain in my tail, and suddenly a release! I open my eyes to find that through a stroke of luck I'm currently hurtling towards the nearest tree! Relief washes over me!

I won't let this chance slip away! I just gotta pull this off and I'll be home free!

I search the branches of the tree I'm flying towards before settling my eyes on one in particular.

This is it, I'm almost there now! Come on, time this right and…

I do it! I manage to hook my tail around the branch at just the right time! The impact smacks my tender tail, making me wince in pain, but I manage to hold on for dear life. I slowly pull myself up and make my way over to lay down in a crook of the tree. I hear vicious barking from below, but I can't really be bothered to care. I'm way too high up in the tree for it to get me.

Wow, that was crazy though! I can't believe my plan actually worked!

I revel for a few seconds in my accomplishment, before the adrenaline fully leaves me.

That was seriously dangerous. I probably drew the wolf in with all the noise I was making. Monsters are probably going to keep cropping up like that, and right now, I'm an easy target for them... I need to get stronger like that voice said. I can't stay in this tree forever, and when I do go down, I'll need to be ready and have a plan.

*yawn*

But before all that, I think it'll be best if I take a nap.

Goodnight.
Why so bananas about it?

willingmess
2 months ago#26
@lenmutt
@SpunkySix
@Narga

I got a new part written. This one took a while due to writer's block and stuff going on in my life. Thanks if y'all read it. Let me know what you think!
Why so bananas about it?

lenmutt
2 months ago#27
read some soon.

lenmutt
2 months ago#28
bump reminder for myself

lenmutt
2 months ago#29
reminder in non-internet speak using asterisks like that isn't correct, it only takes away from your work. As a writer you can paint a picture with your words so the reader can practically invision your work in their mind clear as any one of their actual memories. By using shortcuts like *chomp* you rob yourself and reader of a more detailed experience.

Normally I wouldn't nitpick such a thing, but as you are trying to better yourself as a writer I figure you should try and stop yourself from using them.

*hug*

Lenmutt embraced Willingmess, tightly engulfing the young writers thicc frame under a mass of oozing dark tentacles. Despite the obvious discomfort and... moistness... Willingness, knew that the slippery creature was certainly a friend.

willingmess
2 months ago#30
lenmutt posted...
reminder in non-internet speak using asterisks like that isn't correct, it only takes away from your work. As a writer you can paint a picture with your words so the reader can practically invision your work in their mind clear as any one of their actual memories. By using shortcuts like *chomp* you rob yourself and reader of a more detailed experience.

Normally I wouldn't nitpick such a thing, but as you are trying to better yourself as a writer I figure you should try and stop yourself from using them.

*hug*

Lenmutt embraced Willingmess, tightly engulfing the young writers thicc frame under a mass of oozing dark tentacles. Despite the obvious discomfort and... moistness... Willingness, knew that the slippery creature was certainly a friend.

That was meant to be a sound effect.

But yeah, I agree, it was definitely lazy on my part. I should have done better.
Why so bananas about it?
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New Story by Willingmess: Dealing with being a Fox Monster