• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. After Armageddon Gaiden: Majuu Toushouden Eclipse
  3. In 103 days, America will have a Mormon president

User Info: ender003

ender003
8 years ago#31
So I have another question for the Mormons here. What does your church say about this verse?

"Revelation 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book"
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.

User Info: HylanKnight

HylanKnight
8 years ago#32
ender003 posted...
So I have another question for the Mormons here. What does your church say about this verse?

"Revelation 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book"

Alright, I'm assuming you're asking how we justify the existence of the Book of Mormon and other LDS scripture based on this verse. The answer is pretty simple if you know about the history of how the bible was written and put together in the form that we have it today. Each book of the bible was written separately, by different authors, who may or may not have even known that over 300 years later their writings would be assembled into a bible (which comes from the Greek "ta biblia" meaning "the books"). Revelation was a standalone book for a long time. So when this verse says "these things," it's not referring to the entire bible as we know it. It was also written earlier than a few of the other books in our modern bible were, and later than much of the Book of Mormon was. Mormons believe that there is no end to God's revelations.

In the Book of Mormon God says, "And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever." (2 Nephi 29:9)

Revelation and new scripture will keep coming.

User Info: wolf_blitzer85

wolf_blitzer85
8 years ago#33
HylanKnight posted...

Alright, I'm assuming you're asking how we justify the existence of the Book of Mormon and other LDS scripture based on this verse. The answer is pretty simple if you know about the history of how the bible was written and put together in the form that we have it today. Each book of the bible was written separately, by different authors, who may or may not have even known that over 300 years later their writings would be assembled into a bible (which comes from the Greek "ta biblia" meaning "the books"). Revelation was a standalone book for a long time. So when this verse says "these things," it's not referring to the entire bible as we know it. It was also written earlier than a few of the other books in our modern bible were, and later than much of the Book of Mormon was. Mormons believe that there is no end to God's revelations.

In the Book of Mormon God says, "And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever." (2 Nephi 29:9)

Revelation and new scripture will keep coming.

Then why couldn't Muhammad have also been another prophet and his book be new revelation?
In memory of militant 2nd Amendment crazy gun owners. One of you imbeciles is going to do something stupid in the future...

User Info: Kraaken

Kraaken
8 years ago#34
I don't think anyone said he couldn't be on that basis
Among twenty snowy mountains, the only moving thing
Was the eye of the blackbird.

User Info: wolf_blitzer85

wolf_blitzer85
8 years ago#35
Mr. Smith and Muhammad could hang out? Awesome.
In memory of militant 2nd Amendment crazy gun owners. One of you imbeciles is going to do something stupid in the future...
  1. Boards
  2. After Armageddon Gaiden: Majuu Toushouden Eclipse
  3. In 103 days, America will have a Mormon president
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A