• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puyo Puyo 2
  3. This game is not at all translated.

User Info: ShirenTorneko

ShirenTorneko
13 years ago#1
Just thought I'd give the heads up. No text whatsoever was altered. Not just the title screen as I expected, but all menus, dialogue, and everything not originally in English remains Japanese. This is purely the original Japanese game, which somehow made it's way to the Virtual Console here. I found that out the hard way. X_X

I assume the same stands for Do-Re-Mi Fantasy, which I think arguably has a little more storytelling, but still not much. You won't really be able to appreciate more of the story than what is simply visual (in Puyo Puyo 2's case, virtually nothing as the Genesis version lacks the SNES version's animated cutscenes and good audio, but being a Genesis game can be played with a Wiimote) and explained in the description and manual, but everything you can't deduce by simply playing seems to be explained in the manual. It tells you what all the menus mean for this game.

Do-Re-Mi Fantasy, like this game, has a fan translation out there. It's for the most part a platformer so little reading is needed aside from menus, level names, and the story. There are a few parts where choices can be made, I'm not sure how they've dealt with that. I intend to get it later as I do like that game, but I'm going to guess that from now on we can expect minor language barriers in future VC imports. SMB2 was basically Mario, and Sin & Punishment was mostly in English to begin with, but these games were different.

I'm extremely surprised that Nintendo actually released untranslated games here, I never expected this, EVER. You should've seen my expression when I saw every last thing was in Japanese. I think it's taunting me, because I've already been dying to learn that **** language for years. XD
Shiren the Wanderer FC: 2964-8200-7955 (LordKuruku)

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
13 years ago#2
Yeah... This version doesn't have a fan translation.

Super Puyo Puyo 2 does, but not the newer Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix.

Don't really need any of them on VC myself. I already have Puyo Pop Fever for GC, Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox (which has Mean Bean Machine and works on Xbox 360), and Kirby's Avalanche for SNES.
Supporter of GameSpot.
  1. Boards
  2. Puyo Puyo 2
  3. This game is not at all translated.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A