• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby no KiraKira Kids
  3. I'm a weirdo who's bad with money, so I bought this game

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
4 months ago#1
This game has been on my radar for a while. The only physically released retail Kirby game to never make it out of Japan. I finished collecting for the Kirby series not too long ago, minus this game (and Star Allies on Switch which I'll grab eventually when it's cheaper). Even though this game is nothing special, it still felt like a hole in my collection. So I coughed up $80 bucks and bought it on eBay. Not the wisest use of money of course. This is actually the most I've ever spent on a used game and it's purely for vanity. But it'll be mine in a few weeks/months when it gets here. This'll actually be my 4th Japan-exclusive SFC game, after Mario & Wario, Mario's Super Picross, and Wrecking Crew '98. It may in fact be the last SNES/SFC game I'll ever add to my collection, unless I end up with a copy of Earthbound or something. I've already got all the big hitters that I really wanted.

Also it just totally blows my mind that this cart came out in June 1999. That's insanely late for a 4th gen release. Ocarina of Time came out 7 months before that. Heck the Dreamcast was already out in Japan so it's technically a last-last gen game. I had no idea they released SFC games into 1999. That easily explains why it never made it out of Japan - SNES games were long out of stores in western regions by then.
Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea. This is the Enterprise: a big circle with a porch. I'm the Captain Picard. Come with me!

User Info: AriVolnutt

AriVolnutt
4 months ago#2
Definitely the most obscure Kirby game since i just found out about it and i think 80 bucks is good enough for this game since i went on Ebay and found the game way higher so i guess you were lucky with it, but yeah back then consoles didn't die fast there were still kids who only own previous gen consoles, it wasn't really an odd choice to release games on dead consoles for companies at the time, I mean look at Rockman and Forte(Megaman and Bass in English) which came out in 1998 and the producer said it was made for kids who didn't have any of the advanced consoles
that's only the case in Japan obviously, everyone else wanted to see some 3D in their games

Slave 1
4 months ago#3
So! I got the cart way earlier than expected a few days ago. The seller even warned me that it might take a few months. Instead it only took about a week. And I ordered it pre-Christmas at arguably the busiest mail delivery period of all time. I paid like $4 for regular shipping, nothing special. So weird. But I won't complain!

Cart is in excellent shape. I only turned it on briefly to make sure it works, but there's a lot more menus than I expected. Seems like this game might have more features than the original Star Stacker. The sprite work is also very similar to the colored pencil style of Dream Land 3, so that's kind of a cool shared aspect between those two late SNES Kirby games.

I highly recommend marketk2014 on eBay. They also sold me a Super Game Boy 2 a while back and that was in excellent shape as well. All of their stuff looks like it's fairly priced, in good shape, and comes from Japan quickly.
Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea. This is the Enterprise: a big circle with a porch. I'm the Captain Picard. Come with me!

Slave 1
4 months ago#4
Also re: late SNES games, I guess Fire Emblem 5 had its retail release in January 2000?! That's craaaazy to me. Only half a year away from the big Gamecube blowout at Spaceworld 2000. And new games still came out through the Nintendo Power service all the way through November 2000! The SNES lasted through almost the entire N64 lifespan in Japan.
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby no KiraKira Kids
  3. I'm a weirdo who's bad with money, so I bought this game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A