• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Spirit
  3. Attention, old chap

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
10 years ago#11
Ok, never mind, must've been an MBH or SS thing or something...
R.I.P. Topic Saving Train, it has been a great life...
(o-o-o)-(o-o-o)-(o-o-o)-(o-o-o) * off into the sunset *

JoeNobody
10 years ago#12
I have ran into, online on facebook, an old crush of mine. She was, and still is, very beautiful. But when we were both at my university (she graduated two years before me), at first she was nice to me and friendly, but later, I'm worried that she thought I was a stalker. That was because every time I saw her, my brain froze up and I could not say what I meant to say. I never got to tell her truthfully how much I loved her and she probably thought I was a creep for "beating around the bush" like that.

Another friend of mine suggested I let it go, but my heart can't let her go for some crazy reason. So, if you can understand what I'm thinking about, what would you do? I'm still siding toward leaving it alone because I may have blown it the first time. What say you, Old Chap?

JoeNobody
10 years ago#13
And no, I am not going to petition for a relationship advise board on SS as that is one of the things that you are not supposed to petition for. I was just musing there on a thought that I can't let go.

User Info: WDOC

WDOC
10 years ago#14
So are you friends with her on Facebook now? How long ago since you've last seen her face to face in person? Does she live in the same city? I think I need to know a few of these details before I can speculate.
I AM. CANADIAN!
\_O__/

JoeNobody
10 years ago#15
I'm hesitating to try to add her because I don't think she likes me. It's been quite a while since we've met face-to-face. And she is my neighbor. She lives up the street from me, yet I still don't see her often. I wonder if that info helps...

WDOC
10 years ago#16
Well, you can add her, and if she doesn't add you back, you can take it however you want to take it, perhaps a sign that she doesn't want anything to do with you, or that perhaps she doesn't check her facebook anymore. If she does add you back, then at least you know you have a chance to talk to her again. From there on, you can slowly, and I mean that when I say that, get into conversation, to make her more comfortable talking to you (because you make it sound like she might not be comfortable doing so). This could be a long process, but you need to be able to see her for who she really is now (since it's been so long) and a conversation over a month period time could really help you out with your feelings and you could make her interested, or at least comfortable, in the process. If you wait a length of time, say to ask her to hang out in person, then you could allow her to ask you first in the time you wait (which would be awesome), and if she didn't ask you in that time, at least you've given her time, like I said, to be more comfortable with you and to prepare her for a question like, "Hey, want to grab a coffee some time?"

That's what I think. Like I said, it comes down to adding her and if she doesn't add you then you can be let down easily and unconfrontational, or you could be given a second chance.
I AM. CANADIAN!
\_O__/

JoeNobody
10 years ago#17
Ok, thanks, I might consider that.

JoeNobody
10 years ago#18
By that, I mean I haven't done it yet, but will think about it.

WDOC
10 years ago#19
:)
I AM. CANADIAN!
\_O__/

JoeNobody
10 years ago#20
I figured that I'd start with the following message, seeing that back then, I was afraid of other people:

Dear [Name deleted for privacy sake],

I am pretty sure you don't like me very much because of something I may have done. But please hear me out. I am terribly
sorry about anything I have ever done to anger you or make you feel uncomfortable. I never meant to hurt you nor did I ever
mean to seem over-anxious. I'm pretty sure you have a kind enough heart to forgive a poor guy like me. I haven't "been myself"
as you had advised me to be because, at that time, I had very poor social skills and was afraid you and your friends would judge me.
I'm pretty sure now that that wouldn't have actually have been true, but I was extremely afraid of other people then. I'm practically
over it now and have significantly matured since then. I thank you for your advice for me to "just be myself" and will try to follow
it from now on. Now I hope you have considered this apology and explanation for my idiocy and will be willing to be friends again.
Please?

Yours truly,

[My real name also deleted for privacy sake]

P.S. I really truly mean it. I'm not as afraid of fellow humans as I used to be and am learning better social skills as I'm living on.

What do you think here? I mean, I don't want to creep her out anymore and I actually am trying to get better people skills.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Spirit
  3. Attention, old chap
  • Topic Archived