• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Back to Reality
  3. Why is Torrent downloading so slow in Malaysia?

User Info: engseng

engseng
9 years ago#1
On paper, the concept sounds great and that it should actually speed up downloading for popular files.

I find this to be true for Frostwire. Downloading is so much faster than from servers... But for uTorrent it seems like it is trickling in even for popular files. Is there some cap that Telekom filters for Torrent traffic or something?

User Info: Yorada

Yorada
9 years ago#2
Downloading has been incredibly slow lately for me as well on JDownloader. No idea wtf is going on.
Of course any game on the PS2 that includes stealth elements is going to be compared to His Holiness, Solid Snake. - IGN

User Info: blcknplm

blcknplm
9 years ago#3
I've been getting about 300kb/s for quite some time. What package did you suscribe?
DRAAAAAAAAAINAAAAAAAAAGE!
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8018/1262723426310.jpg

User Info: Saitou_Anwarou

Saitou_Anwarou
9 years ago#4
In recent days my speed dropped from 180kB/s to a pathetic 2kB/s. Wonder what's going on.
A proud fanboy of My Sassy Girl

User Info: piecemealcranky

piecemealcranky
9 years ago#5
Torrent is capped by Telekom/Streamyx. Not sure if P1 or other providers do it (I think they do since they're all under Telekom anyway).

However, a recent report by my friend (on a 20mbp/s package) mentioned how UniFi has not blocked torrent download yet, or otherwise they capped at a minimal speed.

On that note, yes my Internet has been pretty bad lately. It's been okay about 5 days ago but downloading nowis a snail.
May piece be upon you.

User Info: engseng

engseng
9 years ago#6
I'm on the basic 1Mb/s package. Anyone uses BolehVPN for downloading torrents?

User Info: blcknplm

blcknplm
9 years ago#7
Just go for the 4mb/s package. I rarely had problems with my downloading speed (one click download and torrent).
DRAAAAAAAAAINAAAAAAAAAGE!
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8018/1262723426310.jpg

User Info: piecemealcranky

piecemealcranky
9 years ago#8
If I'm not mistaken the 4mbp/s package is about RM200+. If you upgrade to the UniFi package you'll be paying about the same (RM250) for 20mbp/s. Hehe, just saying.
May piece be upon you.

User Info: Meta_Lixx

Meta_Lixx
9 years ago#9
Telekom or no, bandwidth is getting more and more expensive for ISPs to maintain. Eventually TM will have to give in and adopt an RMxx for 30GByte total download available kind of package.
A thousand times, a hundred signs, we fail to see and spoil it all.
In a thousand ways, we fail to say, what is really on our minds.

User Info: Meta_Lixx

Meta_Lixx
9 years ago#10
Aleis' home internet is 24 Mbps, the other day he downloaded 7 gigs (borderlands) in 30 mins.
A thousand times, a hundred signs, we fail to see and spoil it all.
In a thousand ways, we fail to say, what is really on our minds.
  1. Boards
  2. Back to Reality
  3. Why is Torrent downloading so slow in Malaysia?
  • Topic Archived