• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity (1989)
  3. This game deserves a topic

User Info: Bullfrog245

Bullfrog245
11 years ago#1
Started Playing SimCity 4 again and got nostalgic for the old days... Sad to see no one is around anymore.
"I'm surprised these hicks managed to nail something they weren't related too."
~Nash

User Info: crobat1

crobat1
11 years ago#2
I am.
Pearl FC: 0988 8726 7662
~crobat

Bullfrog245
11 years ago#3
Hey Crobat! Long time no chat. How are things in Australia?
~Nash

crobat1
11 years ago#4
From my opinion, not so good, my preferred party lost the election, but otherwise awesome, couldn't be happier. How are you?
~crobat

Bullfrog245
11 years ago#5
I know how you feel. Our elections are 1 year from now and things are already heating up. Sad thing is, all the people on both sides are complete morons. What is the voting age over there?
~Nash

crobat1
11 years ago#6
It's 18, I'm a few weeks over 19 and have already had both State and Federal elections. We had 6 weeks of camopaigning, I couldn't imagine a whole year.

What gets me is that our Prime Minister was in for nearly 12 years, doing an awesome job, and now he not only loses the election, but loses his seat too. Now every state, as well as the federal government, is the same party (Australian Labor Party), which I'm sure is going to spell doom. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

What side is Bush on? As in left or right wing? We've just changed from right to left.
~crobat

Bullfrog245
11 years ago#7
President Bush is right wing. For us, that means he is a conservative, more specifically a Republican.

Right now they are saying that the Democrats (left wing) are going to win the election next year. The front runner currently is Hillary Clinton. If she wins, I'll have to seriously consider moving to Australia ^_^
~Nash

crobat1
11 years ago#8
Hehe that's exactly what's happened here (as in the frontrunner wins government). You'd love Australia. the closest place to me that you'd know of is Sydney, awesome place.

Anyway it's good that we've got the board going again. How's Bubba going? And everything else?
~crobat

Bullfrog245
11 years ago#9
Don't know if you knew that Bubba got married. That was about a year and a half ago. Currently they are expecting their first child, due in May. I guess that makes me an Uncle... Yay!

As for me, I'm still working 10 hours a day and playing games in all of my free time, so no change there ^_^

I tried playing SimCity last week, gave up after hitting 250,000 people and switched to SimCity 4. I kept getting "Commute too long" zots there and switched to SimCity 3000. So far I'm enjoying it, but am thinking of playing either Civilization IV or Galactic Civilizations II. I have a hard time sticking to any game for any length of time. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse...

What games are you playing?
~Nash

crobat1
11 years ago#10
I played Pokemon for ages, then I had to start semester 2 of uni, so I had no times for games until I finished the week before last. Now that I have time to play, I haven't really wanted to, it's weird.

Though I've been on SimCity4, and have found the tollbooths to be quite good at revenue raising, though I have an extremely bad bottleneck I can't divert without major destruction. So I'm stuck at 70,000 people. I added the CN tower too, I'm trying to make it as much like Sydney as possible. Sorry I keep going on about it, I just love the place ^_^

I've picked up some DS games I'm yet to play thoroughly, Zelda:Phantom Hourglass, SimCity DS, Worms Open Warfare 2, plus some others.

Also pass on my congrats to Bubba about the marriage and the baby. I hope to have a little bub one day, you never know. And I hope it's all well for you in that department too. Not sure what else to say, it's 3.30am here and I'm still up for some reason. Anyway, catch you later.
~crobat
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity (1989)
  3. This game deserves a topic
  • Topic Archived