• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
StyrixA 8 months ago#1
I’m planning a no-hero run. Based on this thread:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/564402-dragon-quest-iii-sos***e-densetsu-e/7809001

If I can make it work, would I be able to have 4 non hero party members? I hope so. If not, then would just letting my hero die, and playing with 3 work? I don’t want to switch classes more than once or twice, and I don’t want to switch past level 21ish.

What 3 (or 4) would you use?

I’m thinking
Fighter -> Sage for better HP/Agil
Cleric -> Thief for out of combat healing, late game stealing, and tanking
Mage -> Fighter for BiKill/Increase then attacking

If I had a 4th, maybe Dealer -> Goof-> Sage for a second buffer/healer late game, and 2nd attacker early game

For seeds, after class change, I’d give Agil/Stam to Sage, Str/Wis to Thief, and Luck to whoever needed it.
(edited 8 months ago)
StyrixA 8 months ago#2
Removing the hero with this hack worked!
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/564402-dragon-quest-iii-sos***e-densetsu-e/78090017

Now I'm making a 4 person party of:
Dealer -> Jester -> Sage
Fighter -> Sage
Cleric -> Thief
Mage -> Fighter

Hoody hoo!
If anything goes glitchy, I'll try to remember to post about it.
StyrixA 8 months ago#3
To do it, start with a Valiant female hero. (any hero works, but you need different codes),
I'm going to quote DragonRudra from the post I linked for directions:

quote:
7e3944a0
7e394500

7e3944a0
7e394510

The first set of codes and leave the hero at the tavern. Then switch them off and turn on the second set of codes. Now save or whatever to make the codes permanent and don't use them again. You should now be able to continue the game without the hero, at least until you hit a part where the hero is required. I don't know if that exists but it may.
end quote

And here's a guide on hot to get a Valiant hero:
Paths:
Do you find life boring?
Y N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
Is the sun king of nature?
Y N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
Is victory earned in battle?
Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
Prefer good equipment over allies?
N N Y Y Y Y Y Y
Do you sometimes tire of adventuring?
Y Y N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
Then kill no one as a monster except the 1st guy that the game forces you to kill.
(edited 8 months ago)
StyrixA 8 months ago#4
Finished without any major glitches. I couldn't get the Hero's Helm, and at the very very end, the king says, "wait, where's Hero?" then the Hero is summoned magically. "Oh, here is Hero. Hero, it is because of you [who did absolutely nothing]. We name you Loto..." Kinda funny ending.

In the end my team was:
Dealer 20 / Thief 20 / Soldier 33
Cleric 24 / Thief 33
Wizard 24 / Fighter 32
Fighter 23 / Sage 30

If I were to do it over, I would skip the Dealer and just to Thief -> Soldier.
I must say, I prefer the game without the Hero. My team felt more powerful than any DW3 team I've used yet, and I've tried many. The stat boost from class change is just too good.

If I were to do it again on the SNES, I would try to make a more magic-damag heavy party for fun and the challenge. But magic damage just isn't as powerful, especially with the combination of BiKill and Sap.

But my next challenge will be Hardtype on the NES. And I've heard magic is better there, so let's go!

Have you tried a hero-less challenge? How did it go for you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A