• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest III: Soshite Densetsu e...
  3. Class change codes for the SNES/SFC Translation?

User Info: nicmercy

nicmercy
7 months ago#1
I know there are codes for the GBC version to class change, but I'd really prefer to play the SNES/SFC version. Basically I'd like to start a character as a Sage rather than have to level a different class first. I can do this in the GBC but I was hoping there would be similar codes for the SNES/SFC translation too.

User Info: rrlyrae

rrlyrae
6 months ago#2
Hey nicmercy,

I was actually searching for this myself a few days ago and I took the plunge and tracked some addresses on my SNES emulator. This set of cheat codes should work with the v1.1 translation:

7E3946XX
Where XX:
00- Soldier
01- Fighter
02- Mage
03- Cleric
04- Dealer
05- Jester
06- Thief
07- Sage
08- Hero

You can set the cheat code, then create a save file, and then disable the cheat code prior to reloading from that save. Then the role should be permanently changed. However, I noticed a difference in how the game logic works w.r.t. the GBC version: in GBC, you can actually transfer your main character into the tavern (though you cannot dismiss them permanently), though in the SNES/SFC version it appears that you cannot. Interesting.

Hope this helps!

User Info: nicmercy

nicmercy
6 months ago#3
rrlyrae posted...
Hey nicmercy,

I was actually searching for this myself a few days ago and I took the plunge and tracked some addresses on my SNES emulator. This set of cheat codes should work with the v1.1 translation:

7E3946XX
Where XX:
00- Soldier
01- Fighter
02- Mage
03- Cleric
04- Dealer
05- Jester
06- Thief
07- Sage
08- Hero

You can set the cheat code, then create a save file, and then disable the cheat code prior to reloading from that save. Then the role should be permanently changed. However, I noticed a difference in how the game logic works w.r.t. the GBC version: in GBC, you can actually transfer your main character into the tavern (though you cannot dismiss them permanently), though in the SNES/SFC version it appears that you cannot. Interesting.

Hope this helps!

I really appreciate the reply and thank you for the effort you made! The only thing is... while the codes you provided do work, they only change the hero. I wanted to keep the hero as is and change the recruited party members classes.

The GBC codes allow you to change the class of whoever is in position 1 of the party. And while I did try that with your codes, regardless of the part order, only the hero is changed.

As to putting the hero into the tavern, I believe that can be done on any version of the game but only after you've beaten the final boss for the first time and reloaded. The save file gets the name "Loto" added to it denoting this. Only then can you remove the hero from the party and leave them in the tavern.

While I am unsure if it will be of any help since the code for each version is different, this topic had the GBC class change codes:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/450388-dragon-warrior-iii/77946671
(edited 6 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest III: Soshite Densetsu e...
  3. Class change codes for the SNES/SFC Translation?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A