• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest III: Soshite Densetsu e...
  3. Cleric - Thief, Mage - Thief, Thief - Fighter. Yay or Nay?

User Info: ThEBMaN

ThEBMaN
1 year ago#1
So I am starting a new playthrough on the SNES translation of this game, and I was thinking of doing a playthru without using any Sages at all. It seems to me that Thiefs make a really nice transition class from the weaker magic user classes since they have MP growth of their own, thus their MP shouldn't suffer that much.

Therefore I was thinking of starting with a Cleric, Mage and Thief, and changing both magic users into Thieves once they learn all of their spells, and then turning the Thief into a fighter once I do that for the others.

Is this a viable strategy? Will I run into any problems in my playthru by doing it this way? Seems it might be a bit tougher thru most of the game by waiting til level 40ish to change classes, but I would think that it would make for a pretty beastly team in the late game. Thoughts?
"HAVE YOU.... OR HAVE YOU NOT.... HEARD.... ABOUT.... THE BIRD?"

User Info: _Young-Gamer_

_Young-Gamer_
1 year ago#2
I like chicken
Gaming is Life

User Info: ThEBMaN

ThEBMaN
1 year ago#3
_Young-Gamer_ posted...
I like chicken

Thanks, that was quite helpful.
"HAVE YOU.... OR HAVE YOU NOT.... HEARD.... ABOUT.... THE BIRD?"

User Info: _Young-Gamer_

_Young-Gamer_
1 year ago#4
ThEBMaN posted...
Thanks, that was quite helpful.

Glad I could help
Gaming is Life

User Info: jmeister

jmeister
10 months ago#5
Party chat is fun, although this is an old topic..

For a bit of a boost, how about a third class to your chars BEFORE starting your planned classes.

Valiant/Amazon Fighter lvl 22 into your Cleric. After changing to cleric you can put on a garter or rock star ring or something to change the personality. Fighter gets the biggest str increases up to lvl 22, so you'll get about 70 str on your cleric at lvl 1. Pure cleric would have about 50 str at lvl 40 by comparison. He's not going to be a big hitter, but it helps a little when you need to hit something.

Then how about some Mage on the Thief? He could cast bikill on himself and the occasional Increase. Mages can start as vamp/sexy, a good all-around personality for both classes.

Mage could start out as a priest or merchant, to get some utility spells and extra hp.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest III: Soshite Densetsu e...
  3. Cleric - Thief, Mage - Thief, Thief - Fighter. Yay or Nay?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A