• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Xkalibure

Xkalibure
10 years ago#1
I've got an annoying, seemingly un-fixable bug that took place after Child world (3), namely, none of the worlds have any encounters. Anyone know if this is potentially a problem that is isolated to the AGTP .ips, or if I just have a bad image?
You are kicking the baby jesus. you don't want to kick the baby jesus, do you? - mfb

User Info: DragonRudra

DragonRudra
10 years ago#2
Same bug here. I can't encounter any enemies anymore...
Windows is like an AC, open windows and it doesn't work. Diamond FC: 3608 7587 6282

User Info: Somiad

Somiad
10 years ago#3
D-D's patch didn't have this problem, so it's probably just a problem with AGTP's patch.

User Info: Adrastia

Adrastia
10 years ago#4
I noticed this too. o.O

At first i though the Child World was like that because there were kids in it or I hadn't triggered an event that made enemies appear. But now that i think about it, it's very weird. I figured that the dungeon areas would have enemies if the overworld map didn't. But apparently that's not the case. x.x

Is there any fix? What's this other patch that I can get?

While it's not related I've noticed that when you save your game on one of the kitty pirate ships then reload the file there is an extra blank text box after the dialog ends.
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7

User Info: Adrastia

Adrastia
10 years ago#5
Ah I see it. Hope it works.
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7

User Info: DragonRudra

DragonRudra
10 years ago#6
Good news. Theres a new AGTP patch that addresses the bug. Read their website for more information.
Windows is like an AC, open windows and it doesn't work. Diamond FC: 3608 7587 6282

User Info: Sleeping_wind

Sleeping_wind
10 years ago#7
So can someone enlighten me : Do I have to restart a fresh game (i.e. after applying the new patch from AGTP - which means bye bye some hours of grinding) or can I just write over the .ips file and continue my game from my last save state point? (i.e. will there be any problems?)

Thanks!

User Info: Trance_IX

Trance_IX
10 years ago#8
You can use your old saves(and save states).

Just make sure the new version of the game(v1.01) is the same name as the old file.
Who am I?Just a passing through Monster Hunter~

User Info: Sleeping_wind

Sleeping_wind
10 years ago#9
Just to be safe; so I can just overwrite the old IPS with the new one (name changed and all) and I am good to continue the game?

Also, I HAVE to continue from the point BEFORE the bug right? (i.e. world3 before the dialogue at the final door thing).

User Info: Trance_IX

Trance_IX
10 years ago#10
I just found a new Mystic Ark (J) rom and patch it with the v1.01 patch.
It takes less than 5 mins.

As for where to continue,you should be ok before the boss.

=Readme from patch v1.01=
September 26, 2009 - V1.01 release
--Fixes a bug which causes random battles to stop entirely.
Bug occurs immediately prior to fighting the final boss of
world 3. This one was a real head-banger, and occured
simply because a string started at a particular place in
the ROM... I swear, sometimes I want to punch the people
who made this thing.
Who am I?Just a passing through Monster Hunter~
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How many cats? Side Quest1 Answer