Bravely Default

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario's Tennis
  3. Bravely Default

User Info: pianistman1337

pianistman1337
3 years ago#1
This game is INCREDIBLE. I haven't been this blown away since ferox came over that one time and... well...

we laid down and learned what each others' bodies were for...

pianistman1337
3 years ago#2
I've poured almost forty hours into this and am only JUST PAST THE HALFWAY POINT

WHAT THE FREAK

pianistman1337
3 years ago#3
I have never grind'd in/on something as hard as I have on this game. Except for on ThatSuperGuy's tender lips. Hmm... mouth fun like you've never felt. Like f***ing the glove full of vaseline that dude in Of Mice and Men wore. Ya dig?

pianistman1337
3 years ago#4
I've beaten the main part of the game, but have become disappointed, as they just repeat the majority of the bosses over and over again until you have fully "destroyed the crystals". Very Final Fantasy, but an extremely disappointing ending.

I loved this game until that exact moment when I found out I had to defeat everyone FOUR MORE TIMES (YEARS) until the crystals were defeated. Damn it.

Now I'm on to Final Fantasy III for DS. I'll be starting it tonight.

pianistman1337
3 years ago#5
BECAUSE YOU ALL CARE SO MUCH I'LL KEEP UPDATING YOU >_>

pianistman1337
3 years ago#6
Been busy at work, so I've only gotten through the first part. What are you people playing?

User Info: Nogoodnamesnow

Nogoodnamesnow
3 years ago#7
I actually haven't played Bravely Default because of all the not so good things I've heard about the second half. I've heard the first half is pretty good though!

I've been playing a few games on and off without really getting too heavily into one, but now that XCOM 2 (lol at calling it the second XCOM though) has been announced, I might do another run through of Enemy Unknown. That game is insanely replayable.
I finally believe it. This is not butter. And I know deep down in my heart that I must become butter atheist.

pianistman1337
3 years ago#8
Enemy Unknown? Never heard of it!

And Bravely really is quite excellent. The later half is incredibly annoying, but I put in forty (!) hours of solid, amazing gameplay before that even happened. I recommend it.

User Info: Nogoodnamesnow

Nogoodnamesnow
3 years ago#9
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a remake of X-COM: UFO Defense. It's about Aliens attacking Earth and the governments of the world responding by banding together to create an organization to fight them (XCOM). It's not the most innovative story in the world, but the XCOM series isn't really focused on story. There's two major parts to the game, the Base portion and the battles. In the Base, you do stuff like research the Alien's technology to use it against them. In the battle portions you have a squad of up to 6 Soldiers and you fight Aliens in turn based battles. It isn't all THAT similar, but I like to use Fire Emblem as a comparison. It's turn based like Fire Emblem, your characters can die permanently if you screw up (And the game can be damn hard) and your characters can level up (If they're not killed).

There's also a lot of replayability like I said earlier, because there's these "second wave settings" you can adjust when starting a new game that can let you randomize A LOT of stuff. To name just one example, there's a setting called "Training Roulette" which randomizes the skills your soldiers can learn. There are four classes your soldiers can be, and normally they can only learn the skills of their class (And there is almost no overlap in class skills). In Training Roulette, their skill tree will be randomized (from a pool of skills of all classes), which can lead to some really broken units. It can also end with you having no Medic, but them's the breaks.

And Bravely really is quite excellent. The later half is incredibly annoying, but I put in forty (!) hours of solid, amazing gameplay before that even happened. I recommend it.

I'll have to try it out at some point, then. So many games, so little time. :_;
I finally believe it. This is not butter. And I know deep down in my heart that I must become butter atheist.

pianistman1337
3 years ago#10
I meant to respond to this and utterly forgot. I apologize. Are you mad at me? >_>

I'm not very used to the Fire Emblemesque games, as I tend to stay on the jrpg Dragon Quest/FF/Breath of Fire, etc., styled games, as I like that format. I honestly have never played a Fire Emblem game. (Heresy, I know).

XCOM sounds cool! A little outside my usual game choice, but it sounds interesting.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario's Tennis
  3. Bravely Default

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived