• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. A New Chrono Trigger full 3D HD remake - for those of you don't know

User Info: mystaku

mystaku
6 years ago#1
No I'm not talking about the recent Chrono Trigger intro remake (Youtube it if you haven't watched it already!) - A new full 3D HD remake of Chrono Trigger has been in development for the past 1 and half years. Development is slow - very few people are working on it however it's going smoothly and they've already remade many of the maps in 3D/HD. Join their facebook page and check out their posts

https://www.facebook.com/ChronoTriggerHd

Additional Info:

Like I said, very few people are working on it so they make 1 post every 1 - 1.5 months or so. Of course the developers are aware of the previous remake attempt and the C&D that followed. I had a detailed discussion with the developers in DA and they said that as long as they do not make a website and do not explicitly state that they're remaking the game (The way the description of the facebook page has been phrased makes it seem like it's an art project) there is nothing to worry about. I'm skeptical regarding this but oh well . . . I really hope they successfully complete it.

User Info: SBNetopir

SBNetopir
6 years ago#2
This isn't dead yet? Cool.

They can phrase it however they want, if Squeenix catches wind of this, it's probably going down. Then again, it has been on Facebook for some time, so maybe they have noticed but just decided to let it pass... wishful thinking, I know, but hey, you never know.

Thanks for reminding me of this, I ought to catch up on what they've been doing.

User Info: peterng2013

peterng2013
6 years ago#3
Sigh. Those who possess the talent and the skill should just create their own original game. With projects like this, you risk lawsuits and copyright violations. It's not worth it.

User Info: Chrono Eternal

Chrono Eternal
6 years ago#4
This doesn't really seem to indicate it's an art project. I understand that they want to create hype, but Square Enix will take this down when they find out about it. Better to do it in total secrecy and then leak it to the Compendium or something once it's finished. Looks like some great work though.

User Info: W_Mark_Felt_Sr

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
6 years ago#5
"Welcome to the official facebook page of the Chrono Trigger HD remake project!"

lol. They're f***ed. They'll get their C&D letter the second they post something like "Guys, the project is nearing completion, expect a release date soon!" while Square Enix and Mark Zuckerberg laugh.
http://en.wikipedia.org?search=%22Ultimania+development%22&ns1=1
^Almost all FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info.

User Info: jakezing33

jakezing33
6 years ago#6
Bleh

game was fine on its own
"HomeStucks and Bronies :D"
"If i made an AI, it would be called "JakeAI" and would be a Tsundere by default"

User Info: Rennik Repotsir

Rennik Repotsir
6 years ago#7
peterng2013 posted...
Sigh. Those who possess the talent and the skill should just create their own original game. With projects like this, you risk lawsuits and copyright violations. It's not worth it.

This...

If there are things those people like, why not try to implement them into an original game? As the say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". There's way too much trouble in a direct copy and in the end, all the work gets wasted...
FREE BUMP!!!
Nothing personal... I'm just bored...

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
6 years ago#8
Rennik Repotsir posted...
peterng2013 posted...
If there are things those people like, why not try to implement them into an original game?

Because they don't want to?

They're just doing something for fun as a homage to a game they love. It's not their intention to create a new IP or build a portfolio for monetary or ego purposes or whatever.

User Info: Rennik Repotsir

Rennik Repotsir
6 years ago#9
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...
If there are things those people like, why not try to implement them into an original game?

They're just doing something for fun as a homage to a game they love. It's not their intention to create a new IP or build a portfolio for monetary or ego purposes or whatever.

Then why post it anywhere? Let alone, create a FB page...
FREE BUMP!!!
Nothing personal... I'm just bored...

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
6 years ago#10
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...

Then why post it anywhere? Let alone, create a FB page...

Because they want to share their love for the Chrono series with other fans of the Chrono series. Why do people do cosplay instead of creating their own fashion brand? -_-
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. A New Chrono Trigger full 3D HD remake - for those of you don't know
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A