• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Cooking google sheet

User Info: iamBGS

iamBGS
4 weeks ago#1
I'm a spreadsheet monkey and have been going through some old SNES faves so I made this if anyone finds it useful. Or not. Anyway:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yhpTaJ8UplE5-IC7oKHDqpv0NyzyELZ9nJuu-GmM8r4
You can pick an ingredient or "none" for each of the four slots, and the result at the bottom will update based on what you picked. I have it set so anyone can edit but everything other than the ingredients should be locked (and I have an offline copy if people vandalize but like...this is so niche that I'm completely unconcerned about that). If even one person finds this remotely interesting then yay.
Hearthstone iamBGS#1137 | Stepmania streams at http://twitch.tv/iambgs
LGBT+ | atheist furry trash | actually a pretty nice guy | SW-5169-3118-0707 BGS/BGS-Land

User Info: HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan
4 weeks ago#2
here's the mechanics (complete guide) of how the BoF 2 cooking recipes works:

http://pkhack.fobby.net/misc/txt/bof2_cooking.txt

if you're interested, feel free to test it too, it's accurate

iamBGS
4 weeks ago#3
HegemonKhan posted...
here's the mechanics (complete guide) of how the BoF 2 cooking recipes works:

http://pkhack.fobby.net/misc/txt/bof2_cooking.txt

if you're interested, feel free to test it too, it's accurate
I actually meant to link that for credit (whoops! in my defense it was very late and I just sort of sacked out after posting) - that was my info source. But, it seems someone broke the spreadsheet so it's been changed back to view only while I de-vandalize it.
LGBT+ | atheist furry trash | actually a pretty nice guy | SW-5169-3118-0707 BGS/BGS-Land

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 weeks ago#4
I noticed when looking at the cooking sheet, I no longer can try putting in various items..
Did something change? First and second slots have medicate in them and I can't change them to other things.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

iamBGS
3 weeks ago#5
TriforceSD posted...
I noticed when looking at the cooking sheet, I no longer can try putting in various items..
Did something change? First and second slots have medicate in them and I can't change them to other things.
Someone messed it up so I fixed it and locked down editing. If you make a copy of it to your own google account you can use it that way.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 weeks ago#6
Thanks for that.
FYI, I never played much of this game but want to do so when I get free again. I think I had 4 people in my party for the first time before I quit. But I am a completionist so this cooking thing is something I want to study more. What I'd like to know is there a list of the all the more valuable things you can make by cooking? I still need to sift through all the FAQ's but thought I would ask here anyway.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

HegemonKhan
3 weeks ago#7
cooking guide

(not complete, but it's mostly everything you need)

------

quick key/legend:

ST = single target
MT = multiple target

BT = belt (equipment: accessory)
vs
BL = bottle (consumable item)

F. spice = fire spice (I presume, lol)

-------

the +stat items:

power food (strength: 255 max):

2 medicates (get hanz for house 5 of township, to buy medicates) -> 1 or 2 power food

3 shaved ice -> 1 (or 2) power foods

stamina (stamina: 255 max):

2 tunas (get daiye for house 6 of township, to buy tunas) + 1 fire spice -> 1 (or 2?) staminas

dinker (agility = 511 max):

(note that order of character and monster turns/actions in combat is determined by the vigor stat, which is: agility stat - sum of all equipment weight = vigor stat)

4 cure alls -> 1 or 2 dinkers

2 frizbees -> 1 (or 2?) dinkers

miso soup (wisdom = 255 max):

2 fire spice -> 1 (or 2?) miso soups

luck candy (luck = 255 max):

4 minnows (get daiye for house 6 of township to buy minnows) -> 1 or 2 luck candies

guts bottle (guts = 255 max) (each flame is 32 units, 0-255 = 256 units, 256 / 32 = 8 flames, but there's only 7 flames that are able to get shown, and also in terms of the math, it's an "off by 1 issue", as already mentioned/shown: 255 max / 32 = 7.96875 but it gets rounded/truncated down to 7 = hence only 7 flames vs 256 / 32 = 8 flames):

4 unagis (get daiye for house 6 of township, to buy unagis) -> 1 or 2 guts bottles

2 shaved ice -> 1 (or 2?) guts bottle(s?)

condition up (condition = 255 max, but a single condition up, and any additional condition ups have no effect, will only raise it up to like ~226 or something like that, despite that it says "super", though fighting in X number of battles also raises it up as well, so use a condition up, and then just fight in lots of battles, and/or don't leave the character unused for too long of a time, to ensure you got it maxed out at 255) (get hanz for house 5 of township, to buy condition ups)

-------------

goldbar (sell for 12,000 zenny/gold):

3 condition ups (get hanz for house 5 of township, to buy condition ups) -> 1 goldbar

3 condition ups (get hanz for house 5 of township, to buy condition ups) + 1 tuna (get daiye for house 6 of township, to buy tunas) -> 2 goldbars

-----------

rare/powerful items (from cooking or bought from township tenents or rare drop by monsters or from fishing):

medicate (get hanz for house 5 of township, to buy medicates): casts the 'attack up' (ST = single target) spell in battle

condition up (get hanz for house 5 of township, to buy condition ups): this is a +condition (+stat) item

panpizza (cooking): casts 'power down' (ST, I think) spell in battle, 4 spare ribs -> 1 panpizza

p.pourri (cooking): casts 'angel' (MT, I think) spell in battle

biscuit (cooking): casts 'def up x' (MT) and 'cure x' spells in battle

deadsoup (cooking): casts 'death' (ST, I think) spell in battle, 4 roasts -> 1 deadsoup

octopus (cooking): casts 'attack up' (MT) spell in battle, 2 pilewms + 2 roasts -> 1 (I doubt you can get 2 octopus items) octopus

wiseBLs (cooking): replenishes mp/ap by +100, 1 stamina + 2 tunas -> 1 (or 2?) wiseBLs
(edited 3 weeks ago)

HegemonKhan
3 weeks ago#8
once you got the whale, you can go to guntz, where you can buy f.spice, frizbee, and shaveice, which are used in a lot of the +stat cooking recipes (didn't list them all in my above post), making it easier/faster than using the pre-whale ingredients I've got in my post above

but if you want to cook/max-stats before getting the whale, then use the ingredients in my post above

(a few of the +stat items requires the fire spice, which can be gotten via the fishing spot near the whale, I think or it might be some other available pre-whale fishing spot for buying these items --- too lazy to look up the fishing spots, lol, if you really want to do the cooking/max-stats before doing the whale dungeon and getting the whale, lol)

---------

forgot this:

if your stats are raised via equipment, that's not hard points into the stat, so even if it shows you got your stat at max, you can still use the +stat item to raise the hard points of the stat (you can't/won't go over the max), as if you were to remove the equipment (and thus lose the extra stat increase from the equipment), you'd have the stat still be maxed (if used enough +stat items)

for pretend example:

you got 235 hard points into your strength stat and you got a weapon that gives you +20 strength, putting your strength value at 255 (max strength), but you can still consume 20 power foods, which will raise your hard points into strength to the 255 (max strength), so if you were to use a different weapon (losing its +20 to strength), you'd still have the 255 strength (max strength)

if you got 255 of hard points into strength (max strength), and you using a weapon that gives +20 to strength, you still only have 255 strength (as this is the max strength)

----------

really important (forgot this as well):

if you're NOT at the max in hard stats, you can keep using the +stat items

in other words, if you can consume a +stat item, you're not at the max for that stat, so, you don't have to worry about wasting your +stat items, they can only be consumed if they're still needed to raise up your stat to its max, once you're at max for a stat, you can't consume that +stat item with that character

(there is one exception: the 'condition up' item, as it, a single condition up item is all you need, instantly raises your 'condition' stat to like ~226, though the max is 255, which can only be reached through X number of battles and/or not leaving the character out of your party for too long. You can keep using the 'condition up' item, but it'll have no effect)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

HegemonKhan
3 weeks ago#9
here's what all the stats do (including the dragon tear states/moods/colors)

https://kwhazit.ucoz.net/trans/BoF2/drgntear.html

or

read/see B. Siron's faq on gamefaqs
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Cooking google sheet
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Is Martin just a scammer? Side Quest1 Answer
What does Vigor do? Build1 Answer
How to recruit Bleu help plz. Spoilers?? General2 Answers
Fishing sea chests? General2 Answers