• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. any better place to grind rather than monster island?

User Info: Jammanbo

Jammanbo
3 months ago#1
I've been playing SNES version.
After getting grandpa, I had my characters leveled up at monster island.
I just got the great bird and all my characters level are now ranged 31-41.

Is there any better place to grind rather than monster island?

User Info: Crimsonchalice

Crimsonchalice
3 months ago#2
If you can kill the Gonghead resonably fast, it´s unlikely you have access to a better grinding place atm. Thieves tomb is an ok alternative once you can access the entire dungeoun. You won´t get as much EXP/battle but nearly all enemies in there are easliy handled with fire or holy weapons/spells ( you can also grind for some fairly good equipment here, mostly Starbringer and DemonDR ).

Infinity is definately the best place to grind for EXP, but that's the last dungeoun in the game.
"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ?"

Jammanbo
3 months ago#3
Crimsonchalice posted...
If you can kill the Gonghead resonably fast, it´s unlikely you have access to a better grinding place atm. Thieves tomb is an ok alternative once you can access the entire dungeoun. You won´t get as much EXP/battle but nearly all enemies in there are easliy handled with fire or holy weapons/spells ( you can also grind for some fairly good equipment here, mostly Starbringer and DemonDR ).

Infinity is definately the best place to grind for EXP, but that's the last dungeoun in the game.

Thieves tomb and monster island are so far best option for grinding before the last dungeon Infinity then?
I haven't tried thieves tomb yet, maybe i gotta try.
Thank you. :)

User Info: Strontium

Strontium
3 months ago#4
Monster Island definitely gives the best average exp per battle, and at level 31 you shouldn't have trouble taking down any of the enemies there other than K. Sludges. Auto-attack the Gongheads, Bow's Shot or Nina's Death (or Toasted weapons) can one-shot the big sludges, and Chorkings go down to a single Chopchop or spell cast by an item.
Tea is very frustrating. All the exotic flavors smell so good. Then you drink them and it's like, "THIS IS STILL JUST BAD HOT WATER!"

User Info: Crimsonchalice

Crimsonchalice
3 months ago#5
N.Rider island ( SW of Evrai ) is another option seeing as you have the great bird. Don't try it without Djinni-Sten ( and ideally not without G.Dragon ). Because of the amount of time you will be spending using Sweh over and over, the EXP "over time" will quite likely be less then what tou get on monster island. Still, you'll might get some elusive items to drop during the process.
"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ?"

User Info: HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan
3 months ago#6
Monster Island is hands down the best source for both experience and gold (though gold isn't too much of an issue, if you got the cooking carpenter), you can easily and quickly get everyone to clvl 99 with monster island

there's also infinity of course, the last dungeon of the game, and there's also night rider island (but this requires flight: great bird or flying town), but monster island is still better, as the monsters are quick and easy to kill, and it's available immediately upon getting the whale, unlike needing flight or literally being at the very end of the game, with infinity dungeon, lol

-------

best party for giant island:

Ryu
Katt
Sten (with fire:sana shaman)
Nina (with ChopChop)

3 hard hitters (for the A-Sludges, Giant Gong Heads, and K-Sludges): Ryu, Katt, Sten (with fire:sana shaman)

all 4 MT spell users (for the K-sludges)

quick ChopChop for sniping the chorkings: via nina with chopchop

------------

for leveling up the other characters:

keep nina in the party (and obviously have to keep ryu too, lol), so choose to replace katt and/or sten, for fastest leveling with the rest of the characters
(edited 3 months ago)

Jammanbo
3 months ago#7
Thanks alot to everyone who answered my question!!
I'm reaching Lv40ish for my party now. :D

User Info: Ariax

Ariax
2 months ago#8
The A. Sludges are the easiest. The Death spell or using the WorthRG as an item makes short work of them.

Chorkings are a snap if you have Chopchop and/or damage causing items. (Stuff like the FireRG and EmpireSD work too).

The Giant Gongheads are a bit of a pain. You can snipe them if you have Bow, otherwise you're going to have to just beat them down.

As for the K. Sludges, use G. Dragon and your strongest spells and hope you don't die.

EXP grinding isn't an issue for me. I'm more interested in ways to get gold. (Not everyone chooses to use the cooking carpenter, you know).
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. any better place to grind rather than monster island?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A