• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Improved handbook update!

User Info: Kahran042

Kahran042
1 month ago#31
I've always wanted to see something like this. Thanks!
I never knew loneliness...until I discovered friendship.
Alright! Nitrodon finally cracked the formula regarding THIS!

AttackByOpposition():
Enemies follow all the same steps as "AttackByPartyMember()", until it's done calculating Pwr.

Then the game adjusts the final damage via this formula:

if the attacker is an enemy, Pwr = Pwr + [Luck * one of (2/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8)] + [0-1 Damage, depending on RNG]

If you wondered why enemies kept doing double digit damage, regardless of your Defense... That's why.
In simplicity is perfection
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
1 month ago#33
FionordeQuester posted...
Then the game adjusts the final damage via this formula:

This goes before or after the defense modifications? (Pwr = attacker Offense - target Defense)
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
_Kaz posted...
This goes before or after the defense modifications? (Pwr = attacker Offense - target Defense)

After. The game still subtracts the attacker's Offense, it just can't do anything about the Luck stat based damage.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: 3vrB257A5gq3fg

3vrB257A5gq3fg
1 month ago#35
I suspect what the handbook refers to as the enemy's Luck is actually the enemy's Level.

Incidentally, Ganet's Luck/Level is missing.
My guides (193 files for 59 games):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301fayKDTO0
Alright, Nitro just investigated the DmndBR & SkullBR, and they do not do what BSiron thinks they do. Instead, they simply modify the enemy's Wisdom modifier, when they use Death on you.

See, the target's wisdom gives a base hit rate:
Target is enemy: 48/64, 46/64, 44/64, 40/64, 32/64, 24/64, 16/64, 0
Target is player: 40/64, 38/64, 36/64, 32/64, 24/64, 16/64, 8/64, 0

The caster's wisdom gives a modifier:
+0, +10%, +20%, +30%, +35%, +40%, +45%, +50%
(and the highest wisdom will just always work if the enemy uses Death)
(as in, the equivalent to a player's 205-255 range)

The SkullBR and DmndBR multiply this modifier by 1.5x and 0.5x respectively, but do nothing to the base hit rate of Death.

So, against Deathevan, for example, the DmndBR reduces the chance of Death working by about 15.5%, while SkullBR increases it by that same amount.

So, if Katt had 46 Wisdom, her base chance of getting hit by Death is 36/64. With Deathevan's Wisdom (45% multiplier) increases that to 52/64. Hence, DmndBR reduces that to... 44/64. SkullBR would make it guaranteed to land.

TL;DR, DmndBR is almost worthless, and the SkullBR is actively detrimental.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: DrugsRBad

DrugsRBad
1 month ago#37
Hmmm, it seems like there's a lot of new interesting info coming out thanks to this hacking going on. Here's a few more things that I've noticed as well:

The item drop rate: If you OHKO enemies (I've experimented with both the Death spell and just standard magic blasts) before the enemies have a chance to act, you NEVER get a drop. I found this out from trying to get the MamothCL (from casting Death on those MC Tusk pallet swaps on the world map) and from trying to get a HolySH (from casting Fireball on the mummy like enemies in Thieve's Tomb) to drop before access to the Great Bird.

Dr. Kay: Ben Siron's FAQ says her bonus only lasts one battle, but I'm certain he's wrong. I've used her on multiple play throughs and, if I had to guess, I think it's based off a real-time period of an hour and fifteen minutes. Maybe it's linked to that invisible clock that has been discovered?

Jean's Chop move: If it fails the first time you use it, it will fail EVERY time after that for that battle (even if you Sweh away the enemies).
As Above, Sew Below
I will investigate Dr. Kay, and have Nitrodon investigate the item drop thing (that way we can see if that's a bug or not).

Now, here's my question. Nitro is working on a massive list of enemy AI! All the bosses have been hacked (many with some rather hilarious bugs, with Babaruku being the worst offender), and now Nitro is figuring out how to order the random enemies.

How would you like them organized? I've been advising him to order them as though it's a speedrun, with optional locations listed separately from where you're required to go. Is that alright? Or would you prefer something else?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: 3vrB257A5gq3fg

3vrB257A5gq3fg
1 month ago#39
Anything but alphabetic. Order of appearance makes most sense to me.

Like so: https://pastebin.com/GuqNMAsd
My guides (193 files for 59 games):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301fayKDTO0

User Info: Kahran042

Kahran042
1 month ago#40
FionordeQuester posted...
Nitro is working on a massive list of enemy AI! All the bosses have been hacked (many with some rather hilarious bugs, with Babaruku being the worst offender), and now Nitro is figuring out how to order the random enemies.

Sweet! I've been looking forward to something like this for a loooong time.

I never knew loneliness...until I discovered friendship.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Improved handbook update!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

What does Vigor do? Build1 Answer
Fishing sea chests? General2 Answers
Where I can find the WiseBl? Build1 Answer
How do I beat (K. sludge)? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
How to recruit Bleu help plz. Spoilers?? General2 Answers