• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Improved handbook update!

User Info: Kahran042

Kahran042
4 months ago#1
Additions: Some new information on Mood, as well as information on story progression points.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wam0LMuenWpXhJUwWxXdr3BMuOZt24RtSqCxCTXSQpY/edit
I never knew loneliness...until I discovered friendship.

User Info: Fiop

Fiop
4 months ago#2
Thanks, there's some good info there.
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude." - 1 Cor 13:4-5

Kahran042
4 months ago#3
You're welcome! I just wish more people would notice my improvements, or submit their own.

User Info: Fiop

Fiop
4 months ago#4
I'm (slowly) playing through this again on Switch. One thing I may try is with the progression thing. I'm curious about the El scene, so I was looking for two plot points that were close together, so that I can invite El, see the scene, and then reload my save to get the house back. I think the getting permission to enter sky tower and then getting Seny may be close enough together, or maybe plowing Daisy's field and visiting Namanda.
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude." - 1 Cor 13:4-5

User Info: DrugsRBad

DrugsRBad
2 months ago#5
@Kahran042

Thank you for posting this. But what's this about the Potpourri item??? It always cast "Angel" every single time I used it.

Also, while we're at it, I believe the Handbook says the "Fireball" spell has a native terrain in one of the woods variety battle locations. I never got this to work.
As Above, Sew Below

Kahran042
2 months ago#6
DrugsRBad posted...
@Kahran042

Thank you for posting this. But what's this about the Potpourri item??? It always cast "Angel" every single time I used it.

The Japanese sources I checked listed those spells as possibilities.

Also, while we're at it, I believe the Handbook says the "Fireball" spell has a native terrain in one of the woods variety battle locations. I never got this to work.

I have seen footage that shows it setting the forest on fire.

User Info: DrugsRBad

DrugsRBad
2 months ago#7
I have a few things that could be used in an update. This info is accurate since I've played the game repeatedly:

The Run rate:

I figured out that the run rate from random battles is dependent on the average agility of your living party members versus the agility of the enemies. Even having Ryu alive with his average agility will cripple your ability to run, but a solo character with ~140 Agility will be fast enough to run from every random battle in Infinity on the first try (except the Ganet enemy since those things have maxed agility).

Rand's Wake ability:

This move can only revive the same unconscious party member once per battle.

Guts revives:

A single character can only Guts revive once per battle and can't revive if they were finished off by a fellow party member. I don't know if this applies to zombie party members killing someone too.
As Above, Sew Below

Kahran042
2 months ago#8
DrugsRBad posted...
I have a few things that could be used in an update. This info is accurate since I've played the game repeatedly:

The Run rate:

I figured out that the run rate from random battles is dependent on the average agility of your living party members versus the agility of the enemies. Even having Ryu alive with his average agility will cripple your ability to run, but a solo character with ~140 Agility will be fast enough to run from every random battle in Infinity on the first try (except the Ganet enemy since those things have maxed agility).

Rand's Wake ability:

This move can only revive the same unconscious party member once per battle.

Guts revives:

A single character can only Guts revive once per battle and can't revive if they were finished off by a fellow party member. I don't know if this applies to zombie party members killing someone too.

Just added these and gave you credit. Thanks!

User Info: 3vrB257A5gq3fg

3vrB257A5gq3fg
1 week ago#9
The Oldman's delta attack casts Fireball, Hail, or Bolt-X. They probably have equal odds. In general, the delta attack has maybe a 50% chance of happening, although I've never seen it happen during the first four rounds of the battle.

Transfer involves transferring a proportional amount of AP (maybe 93,75%?) to a Guardeye once the eye's AP falls below a certain threshold (about 25%).

Also, the handbook mixes up the eyes a bit. The one that casts Flame (the bottom one) is the only one that has 64 AP.. The other two have 504 AP. In addition, while these two are indeed considered the same enemy (ie. if you kill one of them and get a game over, you can then see the HP bars for both of them), they still have different elemental attributes; the one casting Freeze is icy, but the one casting Cure 3 is non-elemental.

Regarding Toasty, I get the feeling the enemy's Luck determines whether it's possible or not. I just gave up on trying to score a Notung after spending 20 hours killing Ragnariders (aka N.Riders) and getting about 15 Mars Shields - frustrating, to say the least. On the bright side, it did allow me to make some observations about the Toasty effect (in the Japanese version, it's called Sokushi, which just means instant death). Namely, not *once* did it trigger until I'd gotten a bunch of levels. I was Lv50-55 when I started and Lv90-95 when I threw in the towel. It's possible it's as simple as Luck - character level. The N.Rider has 80 Luck, which is by far the highest of all normal enemies. I'll have to do some testing with Spar, who's still at a low level.

Enemy Luck might also be a factor for the success rate of Jean's Chop. Indeed, it usually fails against the N.Rider. I'll have to do some more testing here too, though.
My guides (193 files for 59 games):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301fayKDTO0

Kahran042
1 week ago#10
I just added the Oldman and Guardeyes stuff, but I'm holding off on the Luck stuff since it's not quite as certain.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Improved handbook update!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A