• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Figuring out where I left off in my save game

User Info: Pipkitten

Pipkitten
5 months ago#1
I just picked up my old save and I'm trying to figure out where I left off. I have access to grandpa and I know i'm not much farther than that but i don't remember exactly how much farther. Maybe as far as the uparupa quest, maybe less? Is there an easy way to determine my next story beat? Either by checking for specific items in my inventory or talking to a certain npc or whatever? Thanks for your help!

User Info: Crimsonchalice

Crimsonchalice
5 months ago#2
If you have the whale, but not Spar the Upa quest is the next in line. IIRC, you have to trigger the quest by talking to the boss in the carnval tent outside Tunlan. If you´ve done that you can go to the cave and beat Uparupa ( or you can go to Owlwoods to get a healthy stock of Owlfruits before Upacave if you want to save time. In that case go to the cabin on the road between Windia and Capitan ).

In case you already fought Uparupa he should appear among your special items ( if you kept him ), or you should have BusterSD if you released him ( you might have the sword anyway, if you've been trading with Maniro ).

You can also try to go back to Township and talk to the other partymembers. If you've been to the carnival tent, but still haven't gone to the cave they will typhically talk about the cruel treatment of the "grassman". If you haven´t been to the tent, they will likely talk about the ocean and Tunlan ( my memory might be off on the dialogue, but usually it will give you a hint on what is up next ).
"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ?"
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Figuring out where I left off in my save game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A