• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. ChopChop or HP boost?

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
6 months ago#11
Ariax posted...
In my opinion, the only rule worth breaking is the weapon rule
Eh, I dunno, I suppose if you want to do it before the Witch Tower it makes it easier but usually I just prefer to wait after that so I get the level 2 Dragon skills to get rid of most his health and then just finish the job with Nina & Sten's magic.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: Ariax

Ariax
6 months ago#12
I do it after the Witch Tower, but I hold off on getting the Level 2 dragon abilities, as I find them a bit too strong for that early in the game. (I just got the Level 1 abilities. Might as well get SOME use out of them)

Also, it can be a bit of a pain if I have no weapons and the boss uses Chopchop on Ryu right off the bat. (I've had that happen)

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
6 months ago#13
Ariax posted...
Also, it can be a bit of a pain if I have no weapons and the boss uses Chopchop on Ryu right off the bat. (I've had that happen)
Yeah, I find that to be a death sentence pretty much and honestly I don't see how the addition of weapons would make much of a difference in this situation, I mean Nina & Sten are probably better of using their magic anyway and Rand could potentially buy an extra turn with his healing and general buffness. I don't see much point in bringing Katt here personally since she's so squishy she'll most likely be one shot anyway, though with a weapon you can probably switch her in favor of Nina or Sten for around the same level of performance I'd imagine.

But if you don't want to get the level 2 dragon skills then I suppose Ryu does benefit quite a bit from having his weapon in that battle.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: Ariax

Ariax
6 months ago#14
Katt is a factor if you have weapons, as she can hit hard and fast. As for her squishiness, it doesn't really matter when the boss can one-shot pretty much anybody (except maybe Rand). If you give up your weapons, then yeah, she IS useless.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. ChopChop or HP boost?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A