• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Breath of Fire 2 - The Fatal Child

User Info: BlairBear86

BlairBear86
7 months ago#1
Yes! That's what the game called itself at the very end of the credits role, The Fatal Child :| I never realized how bad the translation was back in the day. I think this is my 4th playthrough in my life and I also played the GBA version when it was released. So, get this, I'm halfway through the game and than I find out there is a high quality re-translation of this game available (sigh). It will be on my to-do list sometime in the future but I did take a look at it and it looks polished.

Things accomplished of my 4th playthrough that I'm proud of: I acquired all rare items and best possible equipment/weapons for my characters including SacredSH, MammothCL, ArmyGL, and NoTwinRP. No... I did not get that impossible 9Tail whip or whatever. I cooked up the rarest items like Octopus and PanPizza. I maxed my main characters to lvl99 and all their stats to 255. I didn't bother maxing out the characters I don't use as I no longer had the patience and needed to move unto other games.

I really love this game but it can be stressful when you're a perfectionist trying to get rare drops and max everything out. I forgot to mention I also got that Boombada spell :D So many things in this game that makes you want to rip your hair out.

User Info: Crimsonchalice

Crimsonchalice
7 months ago#2
Well, he is sort of "fatal" to all the myriads of monsters he's bound to encounter during the course of a regular palythrough.......

Grats on your (nearly) perfect game! Playing the game myself atm and are also trying to get most of the rare items. No NoTwinRP yet and the K Sludges refuses to part with any items whatsoever. But I´m getting there......
"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ?"

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
7 months ago#3
Retranslation is very good, professional quality. Highly recommend it.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

BlairBear86
7 months ago#4
Crimsonchalice posted...
Well, he is sort of "fatal" to all the myriads of monsters he's bound to encounter during the course of a regular palythrough.......

Grats on your (nearly) perfect game! Playing the game myself atm and are also trying to get most of the rare items. No NoTwinRP yet and the K Sludges refuses to part with any items whatsoever. But I´m getting there......
I didn't waste my time with K. Sludges. The items they drop are also dropped by monsters in Infinity and much easier to acquire. I had 3 ArmyGL's, 2 SacredSH and 2 MammothCL I got from Infinity. I had absolutely no luck with mamots trying to farm MammothCL.. instead Big Hands delivered. Anyway, I'm moving unto Final Fantasy III which I have never played before :D

User Info: Ariax

Ariax
7 months ago#5
Sten is going to be your best buddy when it comes to rare item hunting, the NoTwinRP and the 9-TailWP in particular.

User Info: Crimsonchalice

Crimsonchalice
7 months ago#6
ArmyGL's are definitely easier to get in infinity. Not so sure about SacredSH's. Ifeleets shows up plenty enough, but always one at the time. K.Sludges's are rare, but can appear in groups of 3 and you can just have Sten Sweh until you find them. I don´t really know what is most statistically effcient. I never had much luck with Ifeleet in the past, so I guess that's why I usually go for the sludges
"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ?"

BlairBear86
7 months ago#7
I guess it's different for everybody. My encounter rate with Ifeleets was pretty high in Infinity plus that was my main place for leveling up. I may play this game every now and then to try my luck at a 9-TailWP, so far I encountered a few Zodiac's but that's probably as close as I will get.

User Info: blaisem

blaisem
7 months ago#8
congrats! That's a lot of work
  1. Boards
  2. Breath of Fire II
  3. Breath of Fire 2 - The Fatal Child
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Is Martin just a scammer? Side Quest1 Answer
What does Vigor do? Build1 Answer
How to recruit Bleu help plz. Spoilers?? General2 Answers