• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bahamut Lagoon
  3. Bahamut Lagoon Thoughts... spoliers.

User Info: Inocencio23

Inocencio23
10 years ago#1
Okay, I had to get this off my chest, I HATE Yoyo. I mean really dislike a lot.... I have to give the game developers credit for drawing such emotion from me but at the same time you get to name TWO characters in the game, and for most rpg's you expect the boy to get the girl.... You play to get the satisfied I beat the game and feel good ending.... Yoyo's actions and how you can't effect the game with you choices (like being nice or mean to her all game) takes away from this game to me a LOT. I tried to play the game a long time ago and named Yoyo and Byuu something else and feel a little hurt by the whole thing. I never finished because I did not have a translated version. Well I recently played it all the way through ... and was pretty upset with how the plot went... all I can say is daymn that yoyo pisses me off, im glad palpaleos dies, and at the end with Byuu riding Bahamut I hope he meets up with yoyo just to reject her. Anyway... thanks for reading my rant. Minus the whole yoyo thing I loved the game and I hope Byuu ends up with one of the light armors. :D

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
10 years ago#2
Hah, you seem to be pissed off at the very things I enjoyed about it! They give the game a unique aura, I think. Yoyo rejecting the main character for a main antagonist - I've yet to experience something like that in any other game. The bond between Palpaleos and Zauzer made them seem entirely human in a way that made their intentions seem less than malevolent. Gay ol' Sendak, what other game has something like that? (note for moderators: the Sendak character is, in fact, gay. And old. And hits on the male main character several times.) They took some risks with the details of the plot, which I appreciate as a gamer who likes games with a unique feel. And I think the risks paid off, though clearly you do not agree!

User Info: Rizachan

Rizachan
10 years ago#3
I think it's interesting that the main hero and main heroine of the game aren't together in the end (it's even been speculated by the creators that they break up in the end), but the reason I don't like Yoyo is because she reminds me of Bella from Twillight. They are both weak, clingy and dumb, that you wonder how anyone could like her. I think Byuu did the right thing and didn't end up with her.
"Look, aren't I cute? JUST KIDDING!" - Chai Xianghua

User Info: Rouenne

Rouenne
9 years ago#4
Well Yoyo doesn't annoy me for not ending up with Byuu, but for toying with Byuu's love and then hooking Palpaleos
Pokemon Nightshade Blossom: http://vitacrucis.deviantart.com/

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
9 years ago#5
This is actually one of the things I like most about this game. All of the characters act like humans, especially Yoyo. They could have made her the superwoman that most other games would make her, but they didn't.

Yeah, Yoyo is obnoxious, but she's also perfectly realistic. She grew up as a spoiled princess with everyone worshiping the mere thought of her presence, so she's used to an easy life where she gets anything she wants. Sure, she has feelings for Byuu, but she never takes them 100% seriously, since hey, she has lines and lines of suitors to choose from.

But then she meets Palpaleos. And to properly understand this, you need to think about the situation, which the game itself doesn't present very well. Yoyo has been captured after her father was killed and kingdom destroyed by her captors. She's needed for Sauzer's plan, so she's not kept in horrific conditions, but she's still a prisoner. It's a very grounding situation for her that makes reality set in for her. And along comes Palpaleos, the one and only person that treats her with civility. He visits her, talks to her, even discusses "un-ladylike" topics with her at her request, like battle strategy. She's also been captured for a loooong time, so she and Palpaleos spend a lot of time together like this. She'll always have feeling for Byuu, but her love lies with Palpaleos, the man that treats her like more than a princess, and was the one shining light in her otherwise dark time.

And then the dragons come into play. Tell me, how would YOU feel to suddenly have a separate entity in your mind, haunting your dreams and constantly berating you and calling you weak? How about 8 separate entities? Oh, and they're all fighting? She acts perfectly human in this situation: she's scared and conflicted. She knows she needs to keep on going, but she wants to stop. She can't handle the pain. Its only near the end, when she has her true love with her and her kingdom revived, that hope starts setting in and she gets the courage to continue onward.

I'll end my wall of text with a hypothetical: You may argue that we never really get to see Byuu's true feelings for Yoyo, since he's a silent protagonist. But in that case, we're meant to put ourselves in his shoes. So the question is; did you want Byuu and Yoyo to get together because you truly liked her, or because it's what was "supposed to happen?" If its the latter, how can you expect a woman to choose her true love over what's expected of her as a princess?
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.

User Info: Rizachan

Rizachan
9 years ago#6
If every woman on Earth acted like Yoyo, then this world is doomed. I'm sick of girls like Britney Spears. What is it with every video game girl imitating that ****?
"Look, aren't I cute? JUST KIDDING!" - Chai Xianghua
  1. Boards
  2. Bahamut Lagoon
  3. Bahamut Lagoon Thoughts... spoliers.
  • Topic Archived