• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bahamut Lagoon
  3. Am I the only one who hates Yoyo with a passion?

User Info: Rizachan

Rizachan
11 years ago#1
Who here hates Yoyo with a passion. To me, I think she is one of the worst video game heroines of all time. The only thing she's good for is summoning holy dragons. Other than that, she is completely useless.

What's your reason for hating Yoyo? There's too many for me.
"Look, aren't I cute? JUST KIDDING!" - Chai Xianghua

User Info: MrKamikazejl

MrKamikazejl
11 years ago#2
Yeah, you are right. "The only thing she's good for is summoning holy dragons. Other than that, she is completely useless" Are you kidding? Probably the most important skill in the game! I'd rank her and Sendak as the two most important characters in the game along with the three light armors! Since you can't trade Byuu out I have those five lead my other five groups out almost all the time. Three fast groups and two groups that can wipe out multiple groups in a single turn. And I would trade the three light armors for three more summoners if it was possible...lol! I don't give a rat's ass about her personality....results are all that count and she is one of the most useful characters in the game!
It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

User Info: MidnightW

MidnightW
11 years ago#3
She two-timed Byuu =\
*I've found an Internet Love Interest (ocelot51)! ^_~*
JOIN THE AMALA NETWORK! A Forum for SMT fans! http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Persona_People/

User Info: italiantrash80

italiantrash80
11 years ago#4
any broad with the name yoyo, is either a chickenhead or has some form of nuerological damage, simple as that.

Sup riza!

User Info: Rizachan

Rizachan
11 years ago#5
Hi Italiantrash. I'm glad to see other people hate Yoyo. I can't believe she has fans. I like Melodia, because she knows Yoyo is a piece of trash. And I'm not sure if Mist hates Yoyo or not, because she did have a crush on Papaleos. It must have angered her to have Papaleos throw her over for Yoyo.

But yeah, Mist and Melodia both rule!
"Look, aren't I cute? JUST KIDDING!" - Chai Xianghua

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
11 years ago#6
I hate her! =D

Firstly, her name's Yoyo for God's sake. What, is that supposed to be a play on how her feelings keep yoyo-ing? Then she strings along Matelite, then Byu, and finally goes to Palpaleos! On my first playthrough of the game, I half-expected the slut to go for Wagahai and then Zora's Son next.

She's so annoying. I was mean to her at every chance I got!
People say, "the universe is a star ocean." ~ Unnamed Starship Captain of Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Odyssey

User Info: King_Arawn

King_Arawn
11 years ago#7
I agree more with MrKamikazejl. Maybe, I'm in the minority but I don't hate the Princess. Storywise; she starts out rather weak. But, she then becomes much stronger and more confident towards the end. Plus, summoners were extremely useful. As well as the light armours.

Others that I really liked alot: Lukia, Katrina, Diana, Fredrica, Nelbo, Jeanne, Joy, Anna, and Mist! Melodia was great too! I know that is a lot of characters! Lukia is probably my favourite! I have to add General Babarela too! ;) Well, a certain character in BL would agree with me about my list of favourite characters. hehe

What a coincidence. Also have to add that Donfan was hilarious! Especially, in Chapter 12! Matelite was a bit annoying at times. Though, I guess comical as well. Steiner from FFIX seems somewhat reminiscent of Matelite. Though, not totally of course.

I think Bahamut Lagoon is outstanding! Story, characters, gameplay, music, graphics etc were all great. I like the battle system a lot! Being able to battle normally or use field spells/techs/summons. Not to mention being able to affect the terrain dramatically was quite a fun addition to strategy. I wish more games had this aspect in their battles. And, how about that hard dungeon? I love optional challenges! Oh, there is an EX Mode as well that makes for great replay!

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble now. So, I'll stop.
Swift as the wind. Silent as a forest. Fierce as fire. Immovable as the mountain.

User Info: King_Arawn

King_Arawn
11 years ago#8
Sorry for the double post. But, just to add...

italiantrash80, If you think Princess Yoyo is a funny name. Storywise, the blame for that falls upon her parents. Or, you could always blame the game's creators/writers if you don't like that name. ;)

Interestingly enough. There is a famous cellist and composer called Yo-Yo Ma. He is a virtuoso and composer who has won multiple Grammy Awards.
Swift as the wind. Silent as a forest. Fierce as fire. Immovable as the mountain.

User Info: Lord ZhouYu

Lord ZhouYu
11 years ago#9
I'm not fond of Yoyo for what happened. It's really one of those things that turned a game I would've loved into a game with "that hitch that keeps me from really playing the game all the way through".

... But I don't hate her.
Jamesruglia: Sylph Bastok10 Hume Male PLD75-WAR37, JamesrugliaxAidrianna
I LIKE Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, FF: Mystic Quest, and Star Ocean 3.
  1. Boards
  2. Bahamut Lagoon
  3. Am I the only one who hates Yoyo with a passion?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 12 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 2 Questions (2 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A