• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ActRaiser 2
  3. This game is hard!

User Info: Sk8RuLz

Sk8RuLz
2 years ago#1
I just played for the first time and enjoyed Actraiser a lot. For continuity I thought I'd play Actraiser 2 but man this is hard! I tried industen at least 25 times and still didn't reach the second boss.

The way my character moves, slowly and almost clumsily makes me die a lot. I turned the difficulty to easy but still haven't been able to complete the first level. This is such a downgrade from Actraiser 1, I wonder why they removed the simulation part.

Sk8RuLz
1 year ago#2
I set the game aside a couple days and tried it again today and was finally able to beat industen in easy mode. This is probably the hardest platformer I've played, I'm not having tons of fun going through it but I see it as a challenge now.

Because of Actraiser 1 I feel like maybe playing sim city on snes next!

Sk8RuLz
1 year ago#3
I think I picked up the pace now I cleared 5 stages this afternoon, still on easy. The game is pretty fun after all but getting used to the controls took me a while I think that's the big challenge. Before entering a boss battle I check up some tips to beat them too. I may actually finish this in a couple days!

Sk8RuLz
1 year ago#4
I withdraw what I said above : I'm having fun playing this! I reached tower of souls in a single day of play. Now I tried the tower at least 25 times and didn't even reach the first mini boss, I can't imagine what'll be to go through them again AND the final boss on top of that! I can understand the game overall being hard and I'm glad I invested myself in it, but tower of souls is for lunatics!! I don't know how many tries it will take me to clear it it's getting very frustrating!

Sk8RuLz
1 year ago#5
I'm now able to reach the first mini boss in tower of souls with 5 lives and full magic. The further I went was to the 4th mini boss. Lucky for me the game set a check point after every mini boss. I want to keep my magic for the mystical boss, so I try to kill the mini bosses with sword only.

I feel bad leaving a game unfinished so close to the end, I'd really like to finish it before I move on to a next game!

Actraiser 2 is probably the most challenging game for me since Adventure of Link!

Sk8RuLz
1 year ago#6
I finally did it damn it! After many many tries I reached the final boss with 3 lives and almost full magic and beat it pretty easily with energy balls. I should've used more magic against the mini bosses because I used energy balls against the last boss only two times, the rest with the sword so I still had like 6 mp left. I'm in the top 5 best scores of my cartridge with 81100 or something like that, although I'm suspecting other score names are generated by the game rather than previous owner of the cartridge.

This is not a platformer for casual players, it takes a lot of practice and learning from your errors. You can't go through the game without mastering your character's movements and abilities. I went through the whole game in a single day, but Tower of the souls took me a week to clear! Tried it so many times I know the level by heart!

Been fun to keep a log of my progress, I may try normal mode in a distant future haha! But now I'm putting my copy back in it's box and in storage. Cheers to anyone who will read this someday!

On a happy ending note, I just obtained Simcity in a trade today so I may try that out as I mentioned in my post #2!
  1. Boards
  2. ActRaiser 2
  3. This game is hard!
  • Topic Archived