• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ActRaiser 2
  3. Ice Palace Mini-Boss

User Info: Ardante

Ardante
9 years ago#1
Hopefully someone's on here that can help me. For years I've had a strange fascination with this game, and I recently stumbled on an SNES copy. I've steadily been playing through Hard Mode. Up to now, I've had no problems figuring strategies out. But recently I got to the Ice Palace, and I cannot beat the flying, shielded jack hole mini-boss.

I did beat him once -- a fluke, it seems -- and haven't been able to duplicate the success. Of course, after I beat him I plummeted to my death, but that's besides the point. Any strategies for beating him? I haven't seen any consistency for when you can hit him from the front; magic is just as inconsistent, if not more, in my experience; getting behind him is tough, since he likes to jump into you to prevent it; and the clock is severely low when you reach him, so hit-and-run is a dubious prospect at best. The FAQ wasn't particularly helpful, save for evasion strats. Please, help me to continue appreciating this game.

Thanks in advance.
Oh...you made the mistake of thinking I cared.
  1. Boards
  2. ActRaiser 2
  3. Ice Palace Mini-Boss
  • Topic Archived