• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ActRaiser
  3. European Version Differences

User Info: MetalSmasher86

MetalSmasher86
2 years ago#1
I just finished playing the European Version of this game, and I have to say it is SO much harder than the American version! Here are some key differences I noticed:

1. The American "Professional" mode where you just play through the action stages is available from the start in the EU version, under the name "Action Mode" (while the normal game is called "Story Mode"), and each mode also has three different difficulty settings (Beginner, Normal, and Expert) while the American version's difficulty was static.

2. In Action Mode in the EU version, your life bar doesn't start at max like the NA Professional mode. Instead you have to find hidden apples scattered throughout the stages to increase your life bar.

3. Enemies' damage output is increased on Expert Mode and varies from enemy to enemy, as opposed to everything dealing 2 HP in the NA Professional mode. In fact, bosses can deal as much as 6 HP in the EU Expert mode! Better not get hit before reaching the miniboss of Fillmore Act 2! Also, all spikes are instant death as opposed to some only dealing 1 HP like in the NA version.

4. The sword beam is not available for the boss of Aitos Act 1 in the EU version (at least not on Expert Action Mode), and when you get it for the final battle with Tanzra, its power has been nerfed, so it only deals 1 HP instead of 2, making the final boss fight much longer and much harder (especially combined with his increased damage output)!

So if the American version was too easy for you, even on Professional Mode, give the European version a shot if you want a real challenge!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalSmasherGaming
Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/MetalSmasher86

User Info: Roolf81

Roolf81
2 years ago#2
Yeah, great challenge. I'm playing the story mode on expert and I'm stuck on Tanzra. In the US version, all you had to do was stand there and shoot. But now you really have to learn his pattern.

I should point out that if you play this on an emulator, you should force it to NTSC mode. Otherwise the game runs slow.
  1. Boards
  2. ActRaiser
  3. European Version Differences
  • Topic Archived