• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The 7th Saga
  3. elnard stat bug

User Info: tycho0042

tycho0042
3 years ago#1
So, recently I decided to start playing 7th saga again. it's an RPG I never beat as a kid so, I'm trying to now, as an adult. I started as Esuna and recruited Lux as my ally. I figured it was an economic choice since he only gets upgrades in the past. anyways, I'm only a little way in and I've already hit a speed bump.
I'm at Patrof, trying to get the Star rune, which is being guarded by Valsu. My best spells do 30 damage to him, IF they hit. Basically, he's not beatable with just Esuna. Is there anything I can do about this? I heard about a revive bug, but magic water doesn't seem to work. do I have to start over or wait til Esuna learns a revive spell?
What triggers the stat bug in the other apprentices?
RoB Referral code: jgd57568

User Info: HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan
3 years ago#2
try using physical attacks, and hopefully you can beat him... esuna seems awesome, but as stats raise (on monsters/apprentices), along with magic resistences, it really dents magical damage. Magic seems awesome in the beginning, doing a lot of damage, but that quickly changes as you advance further in the game.

I believe that the petrov apprentice battle does get the elnard bonuses, meaning that the higher your clvl, the more stat advantage he/she has over you (harder for you to win).

User Info: HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan
3 years ago#3
also, and if there's a town, buy the items that boost your stats/power/defense/etc, and use them at petrov apprentice battle

User Info: captainbill09

captainbill09
3 years ago#4
The Patrof apprentice does technically have the Elnard bonuses, but he's also at a fixed level. It's the one apprentice fight in the game where he doesn't level up as you do. His level is fixed at your level when you first spoke to the Elder in Eygus (the man who says "That's the Wind Rune!" and lets you pass) + 5. So, if you were level 16 there, the Patrof apprentice will always be level 21.

So this is the one case where you fight an apprentice that grinding will help you. If you can get a few levels above him, that should even out (or more) your stat differences and make the fight easier. And I totally agree with getting stat boosting items (BPower, BProtect, BAgility--though I don't think you have access to a shop where you can buy BAgility yet). Buffing is incredibly useful and almost necessary a lot of times in this game. BPower and BProtect won't help you against Valsu's magic, but they will help everywhere else.

Also (if you don't already know), if you agree to join him, you can get free access through the castle gate so that you can leave, rest in the inn, and save before fighting him. That way, if you die, you don't have to do the whole underground tunnel again.
  1. Boards
  2. The 7th Saga
  3. elnard stat bug
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A