• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  3. Hopped Into This One and Now...

User Info: skater43

skater43
6 years ago#91
Well, having the Excalibur instead of the Legendary Sword, the final boss is giving me plenty of fits. Last night was a good half hour or so of frustration, getting him to yellow twice. Played some more today and did a little better. Saved with 4 hearts, no potion left and the start of orange. Prolly should have saved sooner, but I was reasonably encouraged and was at the point of "whatever, good enough". So I've still got my work cut out for me, but at least I've made a little progress. Counted 15 hits from green to yellow, but only 14 from yellow to orange, so I'm hoping there's a decrease in hits per color and I didn't just miscount. So far, I've hit him 9 times at orange, so know it'll take at least 10 to get him to orange. Heard it only took three hits with the Legendary Sword to finish him once he hit red, so hopefully, it'll only take me 5 or 6, once I get to that point. Taking a break for now, but hope the next couple of days I can finish this thing off. Thank you, G_T for playing along with me. Wouldn't have stuck with this game without you. Look forward to Minish Capping with you and whomever else cares to join us.

Word to the wise on that shaft G_T made reference to: you have to do it all in one go. About halfway up, there's a path to the right. Look on a map, you'll see you don't want to take that path. However, I got off the platforms there as a chance to pause and save and apparently the game counted it as taking a wrong path and made me essentially start the shaft over. So, future players be warned.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
6 years ago#92
I don't know where Nick is from....

It was chilly today, go away winter!!!

Ooh!!! Minish cap....
I can dig that.
I start this weekend maybe? Prolly will finish dawn of sorrow by then.

And meesa made topic on minish cap board betcha betcha!!!
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/GE PR/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: RetroReset

RetroReset
6 years ago#93
I finished the game a few days ago but haven't had the time to post about it. I took the ruby of course. I didn't use any guides, but I had most of the castle memorized from my childhood. I only fell down the elevator part 2 or 3 times before making it to the top. The section with the ropers and the crabs is a fantastic place to heal up because they drop a lot of hearts, and you can just keep going left until you get enough. I did take a wrong turn at Albuquerque and had to start all over again (ugh) but made it to the end with no problem. The dragon was no match for me with all my Legendary equipment, most hearts, and an elixir. Great game guys, skater, stick with it, I believe in you! So long!
I like my RPGs based on how they are played, not where they are made.

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
6 years ago#94
Good Evening everyone... skater43 what you're going through right now is something like I went through trying to make those darned diagonal jumps in Zelda Oracle of Ages to clear the Hero Cave. I would have 99 Pegasus Seeds and use them all up and another set and still not make the jumps. I requires right angles and agility. With this shaft I must have restarted it at least 100 times. But I had a little talk with Father and He gave me the win.

skater43 you know what to do. Do it. Amen?

Oh, okay gm712. skater an i are right now ready to go to the Mts. I have gathered up to the boomer and 7/8/12 green kins . I hate when I meet a fuser and I don't have a kin. So just give us a holler. Yohoooo!! :)

-SourDieseL I posted to your post in WB III but for some reason GameFAQs is chewing up my posts when I hit Post Message. It has happened twice today alone. Good luck with the WB III run... I think that's a great game and you'll enjoy it. and we'll be here to see you through it if you need help.

Have a good one all...

RetroReset... we were wondering how things were going with you. Well CONGRATS on another complete of WBiML. I'll most likely replay the game, but after some time. I think we have 3 games on thetable with Minsh Cap running now.
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

skater43
6 years ago#95
Thanks for everyone's support. No success yet, but have gotten him to red once. Looks like 13 hits to go from orange to red. Really hoping it's not 12 from red to dead, but actually much less, but I guess we'll see. One thing I do have to take into consideration is time. Where I'm saved is just after a timer reset. When I got him to red, it was just before the timer reset again. Unfortunately that reset cost me my last heart. So I need to have at least a heart and a half full at all times to accommodate losing one when the timer resets. Not being able to pause (and thus have a good place/moment to save) is also a bummer, but this game is full of those :). Anyway, playing this a little bit at a time, here and there. Encouraged I have gotten him to red, though I don't know how close I was to actually killing him. But, we'll see how the next couple of days go.

You're right, G_T. He has granted the patience and calmness I have asked for, to see this through without getting frustrated. But I have not because I've asked not. Guess it's time to ask for the win, His will be done.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
6 years ago#96
You have the timing, now go for the win. Just like you couldn't save or pause in the shaft with the jumping blocks, you can't save or pause against Meka.

But you can ... Matthew 7:7
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

skater43
6 years ago#97
Been awhile and I can now say I've beaten the game. However, there's a slight catch. I started over so I could grab the Legendary Sword. I also inputted a couple of cheats to make me invulnerable (which seemed to stop working once I got the Charm for some reason, so last few levels I took damage) and a bunch of gold. My aim was to blitz through the game, to get the legendary stuff, and then do the last level legit (I've proven above I can get to/through the last level with all the Legendary Stuff excluding sword). Which I did. Last level was no cheats (though as I said, I had been taking damage prior to it anyway, and gold didn't matter at that point anymore). Had all the Legendary buyable gear by about Round 5, so that made running through the game pretty easy. And wow, what a difference a sword makes. I absolutely destroyed the final boss. I went in with 7 1/2 hearts full (plus potion) and was pretty reckless, just all out attacking and he died (final version) just after I used my potion. 7 hits to go from green to yellow, another 7 to orange, I didn't count but maybe 4 or 5 to red and 2 more and he was toast (using a controller versus the keyboard also made a difference/things easier. Though that stupid pit you have to go up still took a good 15-20 tries). This was done on a different game/savefile, so I still have my old one above with the Excalibur about halfway through the final fight. At some point, I would like to finish that file, just because I did manage to get that far without the best sword, but it'll take a while. Meanwhile, I wanted to at least see the ending and see how much better the best sword really was. Turns out, quite a bit better. So, someday, hopefully soon, I plan to finish the game with just the Excalibur, but for now, at least I can say I have finished the game at least once. But thank you G_T, for playing through this with me and all your support. And you others as well for your support and encouragement.
  1. Boards
  2. Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  3. Hopped Into This One and Now...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A