• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. Game Manual on Exp. Bags?

User Info: elmontro42

elmontro42
4 weeks ago#1
I got this from the Zeldapedia wiki page

"A bonus which increases Link's experience points. Watch out! Enemies sometimes pop out of them too!"

ZELDA II: THE ADVENTURE OF LINK MANUAL

Clearly this doesn't happen in the game at all. Maybe I'm looking too deeply into this and clearly that last sentence was written wrong.

Does anyone have proof that is what the game manual actually says regarding Exp Bags?
Let's make arcades great again
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Gali1of1the1sea

Gali1of1the1sea
4 weeks ago#2
It does say that, on page 45 of the English manual. The original line is on page 48 of the Japanese manual:

リンクの経験ポイントがアップするボーナスだ。
敵から出たりもするぞ。

This translates to "A bonus that makes Link's experience points go up. It also comes out from the enemy." So they mistranslated "also comes out from the enemy" as "enemies come out from it also".
No true gamer is satisfied with merely beating a game 100%
(edited 4 weeks ago)

elmontro42
4 weeks ago#3
Gali1of1the1sea posted...
It does say that, on page 45 of the English manual. The original line is on page 48 of the Japanese manual:

リンクの経験ポイントがアップするボーナスだ。
敵から出たりもするぞ。

This translates to "A bonus that makes Link's experience points go up. It also comes out from the enemy." So they mistranslated "also comes out from the enemy" as "enemies come out from it also".

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
4 weeks ago#4
That would be a serious troll move for P-bags to have a random monster inside. And the more points the bag would ordinarily be worth, the tougher the random monster would be. If I had the time, I'd create a Zelda 2 Hard Type hack along the lines of FFZz.
PSN/YouTube/Twitch: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 weeks ago#5
Technically I created a Zelda 2 hardtype and easytype as five minute mods; they change attack strength from 2 3 4 6 9 12 18 24 to 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 12 and 4 6 8 12 18 24 36 48, respectively. >_>

Right now I'm modding RoTK2, but I certainly could create a much more detailed hardtype.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

elmontro42
4 weeks ago#6
Zzonkmiles posted...
That would be a serious troll move for P-bags to have a random monster inside. And the more points the bag would ordinarily be worth, the tougher the random monster would be. If I had the time, I'd create a Zelda 2 Hard Type hack along the lines of FFZz.

That would be interesting. How would that be implemented? Would Link strike the actual bag or would one have to mask the enemy inside of a statue like the "red iron knuckles"?

But, given that this enemy would always guarantee you a pts bag they would be tempting to confront.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

elmontro42
4 weeks ago#7
DragonAtma posted...
Technically I created a Zelda 2 hardtype and easytype as five minute mods; they change attack strength from 2 3 4 6 9 12 18 24 to 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 12 and 4 6 8 12 18 24 36 48, respectively. >_>

Right now I'm modding RoTK2, but I certainly could create a much more detailed hardtype.

Are these 2 Zelda mods available on "Romh..... net"???

DragonAtma
4 weeks ago#8
No, but five minute mods are just that -- five minute mods.

Just search for the following hex values:
02 03 04 06 09 0C 12 18

And replace with the following values, depending on mod:
01 02 03 04 05 07 09 0C
04 06 09 0C 12 18 24 30

And that's why there's no point in uploading such simple mods somewhere. Now, if I made a real hard mode mod, that would be different... (and if I do, obviously I'll give Nintendo full permission to use it however they want to!)
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
4 weeks ago#9
elmontro42 posted...
Gali1of1the1sea posted...

リンクの経験ポイントがアップするボーナスだ。
敵から出たりもするぞ。

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yes thank you!

In thirty years of loving this game, I've never encountered an enemy coming out of a P-bag though I've never forgotten that "warning" in the booklet.

DragonAtma
4 weeks ago#10
Maybe it was written by a Castlevania II villager. >_>
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. Game Manual on Exp. Bags?
  • Post New Message