Just 000 gamed this,

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
6 months ago#1
I got all 6 dolls though and a 9000 exp free man. Finished the game with 3 men

My best ever.
[This sig has been deleted by a GameFAQS member]
(message deleted)

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
6 months ago#3
yes, it took me about 3 hrs game time, just took breaks in between by pausing the game or waiting on the road in the overworld
[This sig has been deleted by a GameFAQS member]

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
6 months ago#4
yeah, dying doesn't increase your count. saving/quitting does, so in order to get a 000 game you have to beat it in one sitting, which isn't all that hard to do
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
i.imgur.com/a2EzoIs.gif i.imgur.com/rPcGRiP.gif

User Info: Blair

Blair
6 months ago#5
HylianFox posted...
yeah, dying doesn't increase your count. saving/quitting does, so in order to get a 000 game you have to beat it in one sitting, which isn't all that hard to do

Dying once or twice doesn’t add to the counter but every time you continue will.
FFBE 077.718.543
xfdsharks
(message deleted)

User Info: justhelpmepleas

justhelpmepleas
6 months ago#7
I thought quick save increased it on first zelda as well.
(message deleted)

User Info: Blair

Blair
6 months ago#9
StridentArremer posted...
Game Over screens and the quick-save code both increase the KO counter (by only 1) each time they occur. As stated, losing lives does not increase the KO counter by any degree.

I found it odd that even the quick-save code would count against the player, because this wasn't the case for the first Legend of Zelda. So it's quite impossible(*) to have a 000 file unless you play through the entire game in one sitting, which will overwrite your progress and start you on the 'second quest' with your old spells and levels intact.

(* Although in theory, the KO counter's value might roll over to 000 if you Game Over / quick-save 256 times)

The save/continue screen increases the counter regardless of how you made the screen appear (either by losing your lives or with the code), yes. While we're talking about the second quest, or New Game+ which is probably more accurate, I may as well note that it resets the save counter to zero once you start it.

Can't quite remember offhand if this counter rolls in Zelda II because I might be getting my Zelda games mixed up. If it's like LttP at all then it would max out without rolling.
FFBE 077.718.543
xfdsharks

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
6 months ago#10
good point about ALttP, which also has a "Total Games Played" counter at the very end, tracking how many times you quit and started again(or got a Game Over).

The GBA remake changed this to a straight up "Lives Lost' counter, and didn't hold save/quits against you
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
i.imgur.com/a2EzoIs.gif i.imgur.com/rPcGRiP.gif

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived