• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. River City Ransom
  3. The last boss is an absolute joke compared to the previous fight

User Info: BlockAddition

BlockAddition
1 year ago#1
I can't recall a single instance I've ever been KO'd by simon, he might be difficult (maybe) if you don't have any upgrades and don't use the ledge to cheese the fight but if you beat the dragon twins then simon will be a pushover
signature

BlockAddition
6 months ago#2
This game is actually quite difficult in general if you play on advanced and don't get stone hands/feet or grind for the super items

I just lost to Rocko wtf
signature

User Info: Dupre

Dupre
6 months ago#3
Yes, also I've always felt like a big part of the game is challenging yourself by not leveling your stats and not buying the stronger skill books. (Also I've never been a huge fan of dragon feet because they take away your default jump kick.)
Webcomic about owls - www.realmofowls.com
Without humility, any virtue you possess may become a vice.

BlockAddition
5 months ago#4
"Fun" way to play the game

Get your throw stat to max (cheat, grind, whatever)
Use only throwing weapons to beat the game

It's pretty funny throwing a rock and 1hit KO-ing most enemies, then racing to pick it back up before they kill you or god forbid steal it and use it against you
signature

User Info: strikezone1

strikezone1
5 months ago#5
BlockAddition posted...
I can't recall a single instance I've ever been KO'd by simon, he might be difficult (maybe) if you don't have any upgrades and don't use the ledge to cheese the fight but if you beat the dragon twins then simon will be a pushover
Absolutely agree here. The fight against the dragon twins can be incredibly annoying, particularly if they go into rage mode and maul you while you have literally no chance to defend yourself. The final battle against Simon is a joke by comparison.

BlockAddition
5 months ago#6
It's anticlimactic as hell. Remove the ledge, give simon max stats all round, a unique move (why does only Ivan get this?) and..he'd still be easier than the twins probably

The story should have been after simons defeat the twins go rogue against him but still have a score to settle with alex/ryan on the roof, with no ledge
signature
  1. Boards
  2. River City Ransom
  3. The last boss is an absolute joke compared to the previous fight
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A