• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. River City Ransom
  3. How's the X68000 version?

User Info: Dycer

Dycer
11 years ago#1
I've first played through the GBA version a dozen times, then tried the NES version. Since I've played through this game a billion times, I'm thinking of emulating one of the more rare versions. The PC Engine version, I'm told, is overrated and not worth it. But I heard about the Sharp X68000 version. Now, I'm already familiar with the X68000 because it has the best version of Fantasy Zone, has an alternate version of Castlevania and a bunch of Arcade-perfect ports. I'm told that this version is a whole lot longer, with more branches, high schools and bosses! I've looked around Google for info on it so I can read some reviews, and all I've got is that the graphics are virtually identical to the original and can get repetitive in the new locations. Still, I'm kinda curious. Has anyone played the X68000 version, and is it worth a shot?

User Info: Dycer

Dycer
11 years ago#2
Oh, and one more thing - does the X68000 version have two player? That's kinda what made me switch from GBA to NES in the first place.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
11 years ago#3
Huh. I have the X68k version lying around somewhere, but never bothered with it. The NES version is kick-ass, though it does not have the amazing soundtrack the PCE version had. (I have the MP3 rips, but never played the PCE version.)

I thought the PCE and x68k versions were similar (higher difficulty, more sprites on-screen, different stage layouts)?
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Damon Plus

Damon Plus
11 years ago#4
I want to try the X68 version. It has a high-school for every gang that you can enter!!!
Step back! This is my blast shot!
  1. Boards
  2. River City Ransom
  3. How's the X68000 version?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A