• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Punch-Out!!
  3. Important Information Regarding Zallard1's Speed Run Records

User Info: TheDrewsus325

TheDrewsus325
4 years ago#1
This Zallard1/Zach Allard/Zack Allard has been apparently dishonest with some of his MTPO speed runs. This has been proven by the fact that he uses a flash cart to plays games on his top loader NES. By using this flash cart he can use save states during a match and save it in game even. That's how he's been fooling us all along. Then after he gets done with his matches he uses video editing software to splice it together frame by frame to make it look like he done it one straight shot. This is apparently true in many of his newer MTPO records. I thought Girard was full of it again after he pointed out that the Von Kaiser 35.61 record Zallard1 got did indeed look cheated because Mac's head popped up in the way after only 2 frames when his head needs to be out of the way at least 3 frames for him not to get hit in the last phase. But after checking his videos I believe more than one of his current records is bogus. It makes sense that he cheated because he got so many records in so little of a time period. This guy is indeed a bigger cheater than Girard ever was.

User Info: retroguy73

retroguy73
4 years ago#2
I believe your right about this. I thought some of his records were too good to be true. I saw he has a youtube video showing him using a Power Pak flash card game loader to load a Punch-Out!! hack rom. The Power Pak does have a save state feature to it after researching it for a moment. So I think it's a good possibility that these cheating claims are warranted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5VIfeFpYk

User Info: TheDrewsus325

TheDrewsus325
4 years ago#3
Yeah, see he even has videos of him using the device. After this, it's hard to believe anything I see anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Punch-Out!!
  3. Important Information Regarding Zallard1's Speed Run Records
  • Topic Archived