• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. New with a few questions

User Info: 2pp3nd1x

2pp3nd1x
8 years ago#1
So I have a fair amount of 3d zelda experience, not so much its 2d counterparts but I have beaten a fair amount of them (OoS, OoA, aLttP, Minish Cap) and I've decided to try to either beat all the zeldas or maybe all of them except 2 (which is supposedly the hardest).

Anyway, onto the questions:

I just recently bought arrows and I know from the manual (looked one up online) that it requires rupees to use, do the arrows ever disappear? Like do I use it 10 times and need to go buy more or does it just not fire anymore at 0 rupees?

I used the blue flame in the fourth dungeon, I looked in my inventory later and was surprised I still had it, I was led to believe it runs out after a single use, am I wrong? Is it once per dungeon, once a room?

Does saving take you out of dungeons?

Would people recommend going through this game and the second one?

Also supposedly this game came with a map, would it be bad to look at the maps in the faqs section? I just pulled up the overworld and everything seems to be marked, anyone know if there's a nice clean one?
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk

User Info: MiniMoose2707

MiniMoose2707
8 years ago#2
2pp3nd1x posted...
I just recently bought arrows and I know from the manual (looked one up online) that it requires rupees to use, do the arrows ever disappear? Like do I use it 10 times and need to go buy more or does it just not fire anymore at 0 rupees?

They just won't fire again. You won't have to buy them from a shop again, you'll just need to get more rupees for ammo.

2pp3nd1x posted...
I used the blue flame in the fourth dungeon, I looked in my inventory later and was surprised I still had it, I was led to believe it runs out after a single use, am I wrong? Is it once per dungeon, once a room?

The blue flame can be used an unlimited number of times per game, but only once per screen.

2pp3nd1x posted...
Does saving take you out of dungeons?

IIRC, loading a game fresh from the menu will always start you on the same screen but using the continue option from the save menu will put you back at the dungeon entrance.

2pp3nd1x posted...
Would people recommend going through this game and the second one?

If you mean the first and second quest on this one, then yes, the second quest is much more challenging.
If you mean Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, I'll have to leave that up to you. It's really a much different type of game that isn't really like this one.

2pp3nd1x posted...
Also supposedly this game came with a map, would it be bad to look at the maps in the faqs section? I just pulled up the overworld and everything seems to be marked, anyone know if there's a nice clean one?

I was able to find a scan of the map page and the information on it here: http://skoce.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/legend_of_zelda_map_front.jpg

If you want a full unmarked map, I was able to find one here:
http://smhspanthers.k12tn.net/web_student_projects/GeorgieZelda/images/LoZ1i2.gif

2pp3nd1x
8 years ago#3
I meant Zelda II. Iis the second quest the deal where you put in ZELDA as the name?

Also so far I'm not sure I can take it (the second quest), this game is merciless.
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
8 years ago#4
2pp3nd1x posted...
I meant Zelda II. Iis the second quest the deal where you put in ZELDA as the name?

Also so far I'm not sure I can take it (the second quest), this game is merciless.

NO Zelda game is anything like Zelda II. It's easily the most challenging one in the series - although the original's second quest is really tough too.
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
8 years ago#5
Zelda II is awesome, a definite must-play.

The second quest on this game is one of the reasons it's one of the best ever. Gotta give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen by trying new games/challenges? A bruised ego?
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.

2pp3nd1x
8 years ago#6
basser2204 posted...
Zelda II is awesome, a definite must-play.

The second quest on this game is one of the reasons it's one of the best ever. Gotta give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen by trying new games/challenges? A bruised ego?

Haha, the first quest is kinda bruising my ego, if I ever beat it I'll be sure to go after the second quest.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. New with a few questions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do i save the game? General2 Answers
Where can I find (bomb upgrades)? Side Quest1 Answer
What's the fastest way to get rupees? Side Quest3 Answers
Item switching? Tech Support1 Answer
Master sword? General1 Answer