• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior
  3. For those with modding experience...

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
1 month ago#1
I have an idea I'd like to implement, but no idea how to go about it. This idea came from watching the DW Randomizer races on SpeedGaming and Randomania.

The randomizer they use has a number of custom implemented features. One of those is that the Death Necklace (an item which has no practical use in the base game) trades 25% of yor max HP for +10 AP; another feature is that the Fighter's Ring adds 2 AP, while in the base game it does nothing.

One other thing the randomizer implements is that, for each item the game actually places in the original search spots (the world map spot, the Kol search spot, and the Hauksness search spot), a treasure chest will contain a Cursed Belt.

My idea is to alter an NPC- preferably one with the sprite of a "wizard" or "priest" look- so that the player can trade them two Cursed Belt to get a new item: a Blessed Belt, which when equipped will protect against the Sleep status and restores 1 MP for every 4/5 steps the player takes.

This would be a very powerful item, no doubt; but it would be balanced by the fact that it wouldn't be accessable in every game, only those in which two or more key items are found on the search spots...

So, I'm wondering how hard this would be to implement. Any advice would be much appreciated.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior
  3. For those with modding experience...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A