• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior
  3. Completed in 17 minutes (TAS)

User Info: W_R

W_R
11 years ago#1
In case anyone is interested, this game has now been completed in 17:47 with tools assistance. This breaks the previous record by 21 seconds.

http://tasvideos.org/2590S.html
http://www.archive.org/download/AcmlmsNesDragonWarriorIn1747.74/dragonwarrior-tas-acmlm.mp4

User Info: gameenjoyer

gameenjoyer
11 years ago#2
By tools assistance, I'm assuming that means that the character started at level 30 with optimum equipment and an optimum build with the Rainbow Drop already in his possesssion? Even so, that's impressive.

User Info: King_Zenith

King_Zenith
11 years ago#3
No, it means using an emulator to manipulate luck and slow things down etc. Save states are used to optimize play and to ensure the optimum result is obtained at every opportunity. No hacking is done to insert items into inventory or anything like that.

The idea is to see how quickly the game could be beaten if absolutely everything went in your favor, and you made all of the best decisions without hesitation. It's pretty cool to watch.

User Info: metroid888

metroid888
11 years ago#4
I watched some of the older ones, it's funny to watch him walk across the entire map and only fight when he wants to.
Sim City and Magic 2014 in 1080P! Check out my videos and tutorials over at my YouTube account, youtube.com/DinosGG or follow me live over at twitch.tv/DinosGG

User Info: ShinerCCC

ShinerCCC
11 years ago#5
Excellent TAS, I'm pleased to see it made use of that Enemy Territory discrepancy me and DragonAtma pointed out >_>

I lol'D at him taking that hit from the Dragonlord's first form on the chin and shrugging it off
if you end up getting as good at DDR as you are at shmups, you'll destroy us all - El Seph
The World's Only Official Pronyma Lover

User Info: MaxKnight

MaxKnight
11 years ago#6
Good old Acmlm, beating out his old video. I was already impressed with him enough to begin with, even following him from forum to forum as each one melted down (a story for another time).

Been awhile since I strolled through TASVideos. I should see if there's anything new going on there.

User Info: Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit
11 years ago#7
Excellent TAS, I'm pleased to see it made use of that Enemy Territory discrepancy me and DragonAtma pointed out >_>

He did that in his run from years ago. He's done a lot of independent research on the game including a disassembly. I'd sure like to see it.

User Info: SpaceChef

SpaceChef
11 years ago#8
Who cares? The only record that should count is one on an actual NES

User Info: MaxKnight

MaxKnight
11 years ago#9
But would it be entertaining to watch that?

No, I didn't think so.

User Info: W_R

W_R
11 years ago#10
Who cares? The only record that should count is one on an actual NES

I don't agree with that. I think they both should "count."

I'm using the word "record" somewhat loosely anyway. People compete with TASes; but for many, we like to get a sense of what the minimum completion time is. Such a time exists, regardless of whether or not anyone discovers the controller input that demonstrates it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior
  3. Completed in 17 minutes (TAS)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A