You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny of an Emperor
  3. This game is awesome

User Info: Toad22484

Toad22484
13 years ago#1
I played this game not too long ago for the first time and was hooked. Now I'm playing again :D what a game.
Dedicated to Tim Brown, One of the greatest Wide receivers in History. Definitly my all-time favorite Raider.
http://www.geocities.com/toad22484/TSB.html

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
13 years ago#2
Just wish you could raise other generals' stats (like with a potion or something)

~Kaz
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: NojEsco

NojEsco
13 years ago#3
I concur - this is my favorite RPG on the NES, personally, as it's so fast-paced, gives you quick feelings of accomplishment, and it's challenging, yet not too difficult.

User Info: iganinja

iganinja
12 years ago#4
not too difficult? Si Ma Yi?!

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
12 years ago#5
Destiny of an Emperor is my favourite NES game, and one of my favourite RPG's on any system ^.^
for reasons including the ones listed by NojEsco.
kawaiifan, happy to be back on her old account ^.^

User Info: NojEsco

NojEsco
12 years ago#6
I say it's not too difficult because you can use tricks to dispose of your enemies, the easiest being concentrating on the ones with the lowest counts first and if they have healing tactics, save the power pil's for the final takedown of the general.
Also, with the high amounts of exploration required to get the treasure chests, you'll gain several levels off-quest. This is one of the games in which a level or two really comes a long way.
The only part that I've only made it past once was that big Sima Yi thunder spell - mostly because it wasn't until I had the game for like 8 years that I was able to get that far, and by then, my controllers were more or less broken.

kawaiifan
12 years ago#7
*cheers for Destiny of an Emperor* \^.^/

User Info: iganinja

iganinja
12 years ago#8
I second that!

kawaiifan
12 years ago#9
*and cheers for iganinja too* \^.^/

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
12 years ago#10
Awesome.

~Kaz
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny of an Emperor
  3. This game is awesome