• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
12 years ago#51
IIRC, LuBu joins in the arctive roster anyway. He bumps the last person in your party down to the reserves.

~Kaz
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: lordyuanshu

lordyuanshu
12 years ago#52
Lu Bu can go in the reserves if you have a full party. And like Kawaii says, even if he is in your reserve (I've tried it), he'll still go over to Yuan Shao.
http://www.lordyuanshu.com
Destiny of an Emperor Final Fantasy Dragon Quest Suikoden

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
12 years ago#53
Lu Bu is a beast, but he's also an idiot (only 540 Int). Tactics work fine on him, and if you have An Sha (it's been a while so I don't know if your level is high enough) it should zap him on the first try.
Nagas on a plane! ^_^

User Info: Xian_Zhu_Xuande

Xian_Zhu_Xuande
12 years ago#54
I killed Lü Bu in my first game with An Sha.

It was only because I could not figure out how to get into Shu. I couldn't recruit Zhuge Liang. So I just kept getting level-ups. This was before the days when you could just hop onto the internet and read about it on GameFAQs, though!

You have to do some serious leveling to make that happen.
Kongming’s Archives: kongming.net (Three Kingdoms Web Site)
Scholars of Shen Zhou: the-scholars.com (Three Kingdoms Forum)

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
12 years ago#55
Thank you everyone ^.^

It was only because I could not figure out how to get into Shu. I couldn't recruit Zhuge Liang. So I just kept getting level-ups. This was before the days when you could just hop onto the internet and read about it on GameFAQs, though!

This was my experience too, my first time through the game, long ago ^.^;;
kawaiifan, happy to be back on her old account ^.^

kawaiifan
12 years ago#56
*visits and saves* ^.^

User Info: Zhang_Lu

Zhang_Lu
12 years ago#57
I know this ain't the Destiny of an Emperor 2 boards, but those have nothing on them...so I'll put it here.

You CAN recruit Lu Bu in Destiny of an Emperor 2. You need to do the Zheng Letter trick. The following is taken right from lordyuanshu.com's page on the Zheng Letter.

In order to perform the Zheng Letter Bug, you must have a full inventory when you get the Zheng Letter (This is after you run away from Cao Cao at Xu Zhou Castle and you'll be with Chen Deng). If both of your members have a full inventory, he'll ask you to drop something. Drop something and then you'll get the Zheng Letter. Now drop an item in the opposite member's inventory and drop that so you have a space to pass the Zheng Letter. With this open spot, try to pass the Zheng Letter and it will go to the character but won't leave the initial character. You have just duplicated it. Note that you can't perform the item duplication trick on the Zheng Letter as the game won't let you drop it.

So what do you do with this stupid letter? Well, I'd make as many duplications of it as you can, as you want to use it on the different thrones around China. You'll get various recruits depending on where you are, your party size, the order of castles you went in, and probably other variables we aren't aware of.

Before I get into the juicy part of this, let me say a few things. First of all, from what we have found, this is an imperfect science and it varies for each user depending on their quest. However there are other things that affect either who you get or whether you get anyone or not. For one I've noticed that party size (specifically having only 2 or 3 characters) almost automatically means you'll get someone at the throne if you are allowed to. There's another catch; immediately after you use the Zheng Letter on the throne, talk to the person sitting on it (again, this varies from Sun Quan to Liu Bei to Liu Zhang). Some of them say random quotes (Liu Zhang "I will fight fiercely! Ma Dai joined") from previously in the game. On a few occasions, Liu Bei will sputter out Yi Ji's line when Yi Ji joins you, and when the prompt comes up you'll get a random character. This can be Xiahou Dun or Zhang Lu (at Xin Ye when you get the Jiu and after you get the Shu Map, respectively).

Generally speaking, the characters you acquire are somewhat relivent to where you are in the game. For example you get Jin Xuan at the Wu Ling throne, Lu Bu at the Gui Yang throne, etc. Below is a list that is likely incomplete. Note that you can clone these officers by putting them in the billetting immediately after getting them and returned to their throne and using the Zheng Letter again. You can get 5 Lu Bu's, Xiahou Dun's, Zhao Yun's etc.

Read the full article here: http://www.lordyuanshu.com/destiny_of_an_emperor_ii/destiny_of_an_emperor_ii_zheng_letter_bug.html

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
12 years ago#58
No one cares about the strongest warrior in the game??

~Kaz
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: Zhang_Lu

Zhang_Lu
12 years ago#59
It's not that they don't care, it's that they're hesitant to use him deep into the game, when the tacticians are lethal and can downright kill you in one shot :P

You don't have to worry about that in DoaE1, unless you do some creative editing :P

kawaiifan
12 years ago#60
Hi Zhang_Lu and Hasukawa Kazuyaa ^.^/
and thank you for the info ^.^
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A