• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Magician Lord
  3. Pretty Ugly Hate.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
8 years ago#21
It's a gap in the connection.

A very basic example is people who enjoy tickling, and I don't mean to fetish extents. Just people who would find it amusing to tickle someone. They're doing very little, but getting a bigger reaction out of the person. This amuses some folks a lot. Maybe it's something to do with gratification for producing a bigger wave with a comparatively smaller motion. I dunno.

But anyway, if the antagonists were antagonised in the same way, they would not react as strongly. This is amusing to them. Further, it reinforces the idea that these people they see as different are inferior in their ways as they appear weaker, which is no doubt enjoyable for them to witness as well. It's a way to deal with the displeasure of individuality by torturing those different in a way that bothers them more than it would you to suggest their ways are inferior to yours.

This acts as a justification for continuing to antagonise them as some get it in their head (their head now firmly placed deep up their ass) that they're doing the victim a favor by pointing out a weakness, which the victim is expected to promptly correct by changing themselves, submitting to the ways of the antagonist, otherwise... If the victim resists change, it then, in the antagonist's mind, now becomes the victim's fault, and automagically now the bully is redeemed of any wrong doing. Because even though they are acting maliciously and destructively, they think the victim is in the wrong just for being who they are, and that how they feel is wrong. This is sometimes tied also to a jealousy, when the target is exhibiting something the bully is suppressing. This is a cliche I've even seen made fun of in TV at times, so I know I'm not the only one who notices it. Like in American Dad, one character is sad over this queen bee pet of his dying, and this other character tells him "not to cry over a whore" and is rather hostile about it. When the other sad character leaves the room, the "don't cry over a whore" guy breaks down crying out some female's name, presumably some whore he is unable to abide his own advice over.

So that demonstrates a scenario where someone is suppressing a part of themselves they view as weak and wrong, and this causes them to be rather hostile towards someone else who is not suppressing the same or similar characteristic. Another example of this is found in anti-gay people who later are discovered to be having secret homosexual encounters and such.

PLUS, like I said, if there's a problem in the basic connection between two people, where the aggressor does not understand the target, and how they feel, or just rejects how the target feels, this removes an inherent component in just about everyone's mind tied to empathy that usually tells people, "Hey, don't be a dick" but if they are not understanding the target or rejecting the target's feelings and personality, this is turned off. This is one of the reasons labels can be such a problem since those can dehumanise people which is like it makes it okay to dismiss them entirely.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Over an evil. A cherished vehemency ovation ::)

User Info: kirpikong

kirpikong
8 years ago#22
yeah <_> sorry I don't have much to say...... it was a long read.
I've got a silver hammer!
Twitchy eye? I've got a solution!

Tmk
8 years ago#23
Yeah... I could tell after typing that, that there wasn't really anything for you to say in response. >_> Yet, even knowing that, I couldn't come up with something to fix that problem. Basically wasted a post. I could have just said this, basically, and you never would have had to make that post. Bah!

kirpikong
8 years ago#24
no it's all fine. don't worry.
Just keeping the old sig for sentimental value.
Looking for new ones. I guess.

Tmk
8 years ago#25
Fine like the small print at the bottom of a contract!

kirpikong
8 years ago#26
yeah.

Tmk
8 years ago#27
Yeah.

kirpikong
8 years ago#28
yeah?
I've got a silver hammer!
Twitchy eye? I've got a solution!

Tmk
8 years ago#29
When talking to me, have you ever typed up a response, but then deleted it and said something else instead?

kirpikong
8 years ago#30
I don't think so. why?
  1. Boards
  2. Magician Lord
  3. Pretty Ugly Hate.
  • Topic Archived