You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM
  3. This was my first Doom and it's still my favorite.

User Info: SpiralDrift

SpiralDrift
3 months ago#1
No music
No mid-level saves
2% armor pickups
Brighter colors

To this day I can't play Doom with music. I think it's much more creepy and atmospheric when all you hear are the moans and random shots.

Not being able to save mid-level is brutal. You have to pick your battles more wisely and make your shots count. Sometimes you just have to run away. On PC Doom it's too easy to just save before a skirmish and reload if it doesn't go well, but there's no consequence and so it's not as exciting.

Anyway, just a heads up that there's a PC mod called "jaguartc" that recreates this version as close as is possible. The WAD was actually ripped from the ROM, so it's as authentic as it gets without actually playing it on a Jaguar. The only thing that's missing are the different menus and lighting/colors that remain unique to the Jaguar, though there's a shader for that if you look around.
Do unto others what your parents did to you.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM
  3. This was my first Doom and it's still my favorite.