• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force II
  3. How much do you all enjoy the plot?

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
9 months ago#1
Personally I enjoy it much more than SF1 and CD. Gaiden and Final Conflict are also aight.

But as far as tactical RPGs go, this is one of my favorite plots.

You could make a pretty cool anime out of this. It could probably be 2 seasons long. And we could actually get more out of Bowie.

I just really enjoy how this war on the demons was started by a robin hood dude. And the 3 Demon generals (and Zalbard) make good antagonists that get a nice bit of screentime. Though I wish Odd Eye had more dialogue. And that Peter would've had less.

And Freyja. Holy s***. That was DARK. I don't think any other Shining Force went that dark. I kind of wish he was more important to the story. His character needed fleshing out.
Pit has the best thighs and I'd wiggity-wiggity WRECK that butt.

User Info: NoMoneyRanger

NoMoneyRanger
9 months ago#2
The story is fun, but kinda wish it were longer. It was mostly light-hearted, but the dark moments did throw me off in a good way.

Some parts in the game does leave enough room for stupid fan theories. Does anyone else think Zynk's face or portrait looks similar to the original RX-78-2 Gundam? His mask's design also looks a lot like the Gundam's shield, though smaller and the colors are reversed.

Aside from the design inspiration, here's where my stupid fan theory comes in: If anyone's played Super Robot Wars V, your chosen main character and Tobia Arronax (from Crossbone Gundam) battle the unmanned Mobile Suit Amakusa on the third stage, which is controlled by an AI with data taken directly from Amuro's original Gundam. After defeating the Amakusa, the AI/Bio Brain survives the explosion. Before the stage ends, the Bio Brain develops its own conscience and even guides the heroes in their escape before the AI drifts into deep space.

SRW V also deals with multiple dimensions (3 total), so I'd like to pretend that the Bio Brain entered the worm hole that leads into the Shining Force II dimension and rebuilds himself as Zynk. I even started to rename him as Amuro in a few of my recent plays.

The mentioned SRW V scenario can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HgB47oHx0

Thanks for reading and sorry to waste your time(s)!
I rode the wagon before it became a band.

Xac351
9 months ago#3
Huh. I always thought Zynk was just Adam (he did come to Paramecia in Gaiden: Final Conflict with Max) or just a robot created by the same people as Adam and Chaos.

User Info: NoMoneyRanger

NoMoneyRanger
9 months ago#4
Xac351 posted...
Huh. I always thought Zynk was just Adam (he did come to Paramecia in Gaiden: Final Conflict with Max) or just a robot created by the same people as Adam and Chaos.
This is mainly true or canon, but I recall Zynk saying he doesn't completely remember his origins, so it can leave room for other possibilities.
I rode the wagon before it became a band.

User Info: sandydevassa

sandydevassa
9 months ago#5
The plot is very simple but in a good way. I love the interactions beween characters and how some of them are full of personality, like Sarah.

Xac351
9 months ago#6
I wish the other characters had more of a presence in the story after Granseal fell. I would've really enjoyed more from Sarah and Slade. Maybe a line or two from Jaha?

Honestly. What I really wish was that we got our units getting flavor text. 5 or 6 of your units could be in a town and you could listen to their thoughts. And they could say something new after a boss or after story progression. Lets be honest. Aside from Peter, Lemon, and Astral, none of your units have real character.

User Info: ZykELITES

ZykELITES
6 months ago#7
I did enjoy the plot in SF2 but I dislike what they did in the ending they just turned it into some fairytale bull.
"GROOVY!" -Lemon from Shining Force 2

User Info: NeoKad

NeoKad
5 months ago#8
The story was okay for most of the game - I defintively liked 1's story more since I felt like it had more depth and darker elements thanks to Kain/Cane/Kane/Cain

But that being said... Lemon is one of my favourite characters in a RPG. I'm not kidding.

User Info: ZykELITES

ZykELITES
3 months ago#9
NeoKad posted...
But that being said... Lemon is one of my favourite characters in a RPG. I'm not kidding.

Same, Lemon also sacrificed himself to seal Zeon, I give him credit at that part.
"I'm scared of turtles." -Ryker, a character I made
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force II
  3. How much do you all enjoy the plot?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A