• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force II
  3. Help me decide - wall of text ahead

User Info: Alpha_Cush

Alpha_Cush
1 year ago#1
Hello there all,

Although I've never posted on a board for the shining series, I am a veteran of the games. I recently decided to play through SF2 again, every couple years I play those I have access to. Have used multiple different force make-ups this time however I'm having difficulty deciding on ONE member.

Things to note!!

Force members were leveled to 28 before promotion, playing on Super. I have no love for the following - Jaro, Taya, Gyan, Higins, Chaz, Frayja, Peter, skreech, Janet. I have read some posts here from the past so let me just say this before I am flammed for those listed above: My dislike of these characters is not a declaration of their ability or lack thereof. I just personally dislike them. If you like these characters that is fine I will not argue opinion, it is a waste of time.

With all that out of the way, I'm trying to decide on my last force member. My current is as follows

Bowie -
Sarah - mmnk
Eric - pldn
Jaha - brn
Kazin - sorc
Tyrin - wiz
Gerhalt
Slade
Rick - pgnt
May
Randolf - gldt
Karma - vicr

Here is my hang up, not using peter, luke, kiwi, skreech I lose the ability to intercept and tie up outliers. I kind of like the force I have but I feel if I could drop anyone and not lose a given role/attack/weapon type it would be - kazin, tyrin, Randolf, jaha, or may. All could be replaced by someone that would fit their role or close enough that it is negligible. Let the discussion commence.
PSN ID: Alpha_Cush, Friend Code: 2122-8775-2159, Steam: [SG]Dr. Cush

User Info: looked

looked
1 year ago#2
Based on your stipulations, I would probably drop Jaha and put in Luke. For Super I would prefer the extra defense of the gladiator class, but it’s preference, and can go either way. Kiwi would be a great choice if using level 40 promotions, but at 28, his HP is probably pretty low.

I probably wouldn’t remove Tyrin, Kazin, or May, That really hurts your ability to use range. If you do change out one of them, just make sure it’s not Tyrin.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force II
  3. Help me decide - wall of text ahead
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A