• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force II
  3. Does anyone use all three Master Monks?

User Info: Lamesy

Lamesy
11 months ago#11
Gosh, Taya is like my favorite unit. All unique spells no one else can access. I love the way they function, where every level of every spell can deal concentrated damage to one target or disperse to multiple. This along with having her pick of elements means there's never a turn where I can't find a good use for her.

User Info: Raijinili

Raijinili
11 months ago#12
Lamesy posted...
Gosh, Taya is like my favorite unit. All unique spells no one else can access.
Huh? It sounds like you don't know about the Sorcerer promotion item for Mages.

User Info: sandydevassa

sandydevassa
9 months ago#13
I do mostly because I'm gay and love their design.

User Info: Zio_Jr

Zio_Jr
9 months ago#14
I pick Karna and monk her first, leave sarah a priest and monk her second (i also leave a knight unpromoted till i get wings). Tyrin is a good choice for wizard, i usually sorc kazin as he gains a bit more damage potential from it, the shrunk chars are all good in my opinion, but you can really only get use out of 1, by the time you can recruit the others you pretty much know your final team

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
9 months ago#15
Zio_Jr posted...
I pick Karna and monk her first, leave sarah a priest and monk her second (i also leave a knight unpromoted till i get wings). Tyrin is a good choice for wizard, i usually sorc kazin as he gains a bit more damage potential from it, the shrunk chars are all good in my opinion, but you can really only get use out of 1, by the time you can recruit the others you pretty much know your final team

You can very easily train up Karna later on when you can recruit the rest. Tyrin isn't too bad to train either. It's very hard to get the other two up though.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: Zio_Jr

Zio_Jr
9 months ago#16
if the team you aim for requires it, it is def possible with the way xp works in this game. but we get more than 11 great chars i personally never found a reason to grind them up, but yes it is not as difficult as my statement may have implied. with training they should all be better than some of their peers

User Info: ZykELITES

ZykELITES
5 months ago#17
The first time I played Shining Force 2, I had to use all three of the master monks because at some point in the game I realized my battle strategy sucked. I just wanted the battles over with and didn't level up everyone. I only cared about Bowie, Chester, Kazin, Peter and May. They were the strongest in my first gameplay. What's really sad is that I made Sarah and Slade very weak and they kept getting oneshotted and every battle. I managed to get Sarah to bump up, but Slade? I couldn't do anything with him. And also after Jaha and Gerhalt got promoted I barely used them. So later in the game I got Karna late and she leveled up in every battle. Sarah was also helpful as a Master Monk. All three of the master monks was pretty useful in my gameplay. So I final party was Bowie, Sarah, Chester, Kazin, Peter, May, Gerhalt(I bumped him up too), Luke, Karna, Fraya, Sheela, and Lemon. My first time playing was really trash, but I managed it to work out. I did play again to get better strategy though.
"GROOVY!" -Lemon from Shining Force 2

User Info: NoMoneyRanger

NoMoneyRanger
5 months ago#18
Done some Super runs during the past few years with regular and modded roms. I find myself using just one Monk these days.

Reason being is that Karna's or even Frayja's turn were spent mostly healing and buffing, and never attacking. Enemies hit harder in Super, so their increased attack stat can easily bypass the tankiest characters (even to Boosted Paladins with terrain buff or a power-leveled Monk Sarah). Because of that, I have Karna Aura or Boost instead of attack on her turns since I don't want to risk any of my units from getting killed. While Monk Karna is better in every way, the extra MP she gets from Vicar class and regen from Mystery Staff can allow for more heal/buff spamming when it comes to longer scenarios or army survivability. I'd definitely bump up Vicar Karna to low S in the other topic since she's slightly superior in terms of pure or long term support.
I rode the wagon before it became a band.

User Info: ZykELITES

ZykELITES
5 months ago#19
Yeah for my current strategy, I just let my healers barely attack but spend lots of time on healing. And I really like the fact you can get amount of EXP from healing, especially from casting the aura spell. The boost spell can also give Karna a lot of EXP but it's a non-proper way to grind by just abusing the spells. And sometimes there's a occasion where a healer has to attack.
"GROOVY!" -Lemon from Shining Force 2
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force II
  3. Does anyone use all three Master Monks?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A