You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. FINALLY beat ps4... took me long enough...

User Info: The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy
1 month ago#1
only about,what, 20-25 years... for some reason just never stuck with it long enough despite finishing all three of the others when they were new..

I think the cryptic spell/skill names didn't help, nor did the hidden combos... I finally just ignored all that and pushed through... this time being able to pick up and play just sitting there (on a switch) also didn't hurt...

never bothered with combos, only think one ever went off, accidentally, the entire playthru, and that was on the last boss (last form), heh...

only macro I had set up the entire game was for each character to attack. redid it a few times to adjust order based on agility for who attacked in what order and to stop wasted turns on the same enemy when an attack all character could finish it off with slicers or that one gun of wren's that attacked all.. techs and skills only ever used manually...

never went to the optional dungeon to get megid.. didn't even know about it until was was already delving into the edge.. level 44 or 45 for chaz... the esper chick (sorry, brainfarting on her name at the moment) for party member 5.. read that was a bad choice and should have used raja apparently.. wanted her slicers for the dungeon battles, tho.. worked out okay in the end, anyway, as I did beat it and it seemed like wren or occasionally rune were the weak ones that sometimes died.. thank goodness for the rewind feature on the collection's "emulator".. even though I have the actual genesis cart.. just don't have time/patience for some of the s*** in these old timey rpg's these days..

I beat ps1 again, also on switch helped by the new features, really intended to do the whole series, but 2 is such a slog starting out, even in an official collection with stuff like save states and rewind... and 3, never though too highly of 3.. so I wound up going to 4 and finally going all the way through it for once.. and I'm done now.. until 5 finally comes out (hey gotta hold out some hope!)

tl;dr - just spouting some gibberish about how I've finally beating all of the series
je suis chuckyhacks
2/29/08 - neber forget

User Info: The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy
1 month ago#2
oh yeah, did do all the guild missions.. nothing too terribly interesting there, but they were okay for some side stuff to do..
je suis chuckyhacks
2/29/08 - neber forget

User Info: danzibr

danzibr
1 month ago#3
Grats on the victory!

Hmm, not much to add. Glad you finally beat it though.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. FINALLY beat ps4... took me long enough...