You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Video Walkthroughs / Advice

User Info: Zio_Jr

Zio_Jr
1 month ago#1
I have been tossing around the idea of playing these old games and recording audio with tips and such. To use as a video walkthrough. I am not the first to do this obviously, but there isnt much love for sega games in the retro scene. Phantasy Star 4 would be my first game, I know the most about the Pstars, Shining and Landstalker. I also thought landstalker should be first due to the even more lack of info and help on that game. If anyone has advice for me let me know. If you have good reason this isnt a good idea, tell me the reason. Otherwise let me know any Retro RPGs that would need this. I will be as informative and thorough as possible.

User Info: danzibr

danzibr
1 month ago#2
As much as I love Phantasy Star and Shining Force (do not love the other games in the Shining series), I think Landstalker would be best for a video walkthrough. Unless you skip past random battles in your video.

User Info: Zio_Jr

Zio_Jr
1 month ago#3
it would have tips and tricks for certain enemies, bosses and such. Like kill the adds in the first boss fight to farm xp and mst. but not tell you my strategy for beating him outside of techs and skills they would be weak to. When you can do certain side quests and where certain things are and items to bring. Grinding with Rune early game. Using Fire on Dezolis and Thunder in machine areas. all thrown in with where to go to continue story. the random battles wont be shown, whch will be a lot, like i said unless you can use certain strategy, like using an item before attacking in a boss fight, or use single target attacks in a group boss fight. It will give a visual to the older walkthroughs here that didnt have pictures, instead of describing where to walk and what to inspect, i will show you what you will see on your screen. I will also be able to emote where text cant. I hope to do as many games as possible like shining force and landstalker, if they are useful i can do more games.

I always played genesis growing up and well into the later generations of consoles. most of these games would have been completed by me many times over. I also had gameboy and NES as well as the playstation line of consoles as time moved on. mostly played adventure and role playing, but i love many genres outside of that
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Video Walkthroughs / Advice