You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Just beat this game for the first time. One question (Endgame spoilers)

User Info: Metakirby22

Metakirby22
2 months ago#1
Just finished up the series for the first time. What a trip! I love these games to death now and will probably replay them down the road. I've got one question about this game's epilogue, though, that I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me.
So... Why did Rika initially want to go with Wren and them to Dezolis/Zeran? I... don't even know WHICH one she wanted to go to, so that might be part of the issue, but I can't think of any reason why she'd want to leave. Any idea?

User Info: Elrick75

Elrick75
2 months ago#2
She was going to Zelan with Wren who was her remaining father figure from growing up but decided she'd rather be with Chaz.
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, FE:A, ToG f, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II

User Info: Metakirby22

Metakirby22
2 months ago#3
Oh yeah! I forgot about Rika's relationship with Wren. Thanks for reminding me.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
2 months ago#4
Question has been pretty well answered, but here's my take on it anyway:

Tagging along for as long as possible was probably just about the only thing that made sense to Rika, I think. With SEED essentially committing suicide, the only home- and half the people- Rika had ever known was gone. The outside world would have had to be a bit of a scary place to be alone under those circumstances at the best of times, and with all the terrible things happening that feeling could only be exaggerated. Wren was the only being Rika had any meaningful connection to other than SEED, following him was perfectly natural. The bonds she developed with Chad, Rune, and the others simply gave her that many more reasons to keep going.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Just beat this game for the first time. One question (Endgame spoilers)