You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Is there a way to get significant amounts of meseta WITHOUT gaining EXP?

User Info: etony33

etony33
2 months ago#1
I'm trying to think of one. In my current (solo Gryz) run, I'll most definitely need to stock up on Sol Dew. However, I do not want him to be level 99 for the final battle. I'm shooting for level 90 or so.

He needs about 1200000 more EXP to hit level 90, but he's short 387325 meseta for the Sol Dews he will need to fill out his inventory.

I can think of only one way to get money without EXP, but it would take about 500 years (getting 77475 free Repair Kits and selling them).

I think the best way that I can think of would be to run from everything in the Edge except for Imagiomages and hoping to get Sol Dews to drop (1/16 chance), but I may be missing something obvious, which is why I am asking.
(message deleted)

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
1 month ago#3
So, I deleted my previous post due to it being faulty. My apologies for that. Later consideration made me realize I was looking at the XP-to-meseta ratio for a full party. For a solo character, choices are far more limited... In fact, there are only two enemies I can find that will give you an at all useful ratio:

Enemy:.............Location:................XP:.................Meseta:
Guilgenova.......Bio-Plant................264................300
Tracer...............Wreckage...............256................267

Again, sorry for the previous post. I just missed the bloody obvious.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"
(edited 1 month ago)

etony33
1 month ago#4
Well, the Bio Plant is unrevisitable in endgame (or any time after getting Rika).

I ended up just running from everything other than Imagiomage and resetting a lot when I didn't get Sol Dews.
(message deleted)

User Info: The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy
4 weeks ago#6
use a gameshark/genie
je suis chuckyhacks
2/29/08 - neber forget

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
4 weeks ago#7
The Bad Guy posted...
use a gameshark/genie

That would do it too, but it kind of defeats the point of a challenge run, lol.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"

User Info: The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy
4 weeks ago#8
well, if you're already doing something to keep Gryz around for a solo run, you're not exactly playing vanilla anyway.
je suis chuckyhacks
2/29/08 - neber forget

etony33
4 weeks ago#9
Yeah, that's definitely not an option.

I ended up just saving/resetting a bunch of times while hoping I'd get Sol Dews to drop.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
4 weeks ago#10
Reset abuse and getting those Sol Dews is better than anything I can think of.
I don't think this game has any reliable way to get money without exp, at least under normal circumstances. Just makes low level challenges that much more frustrating if you are relying on good equipment sold in later stores.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star IV
  3. Is there a way to get significant amounts of meseta WITHOUT gaining EXP?